Security Installer Community

Opinions On My Quotes For An Intruder Alarm

I recently received 2x detailed quotes from 2 local NACOSS Gold suppliers for the installation of an intruder alarm system for my home.

The first quote is for a Honeywell Galaxy grade 2 British Standard 12-20 zone control panel with digital keypad, 500 event memory, up & down loading facility, 23 user codes, panic button facility, technistore, chime, 15 min bell cut off, entry/exit timer, re-arm & standby power. This system also has the facility to send a text message to a mobile phone if required. Cost =

Guest RJBsec

Assuming that the detection equipment is identical in each quote, i.e. PIR's, contacts etc then there is very little in it. Either is suitable for a domestic alarm system with monitoring and can be maintained by many different companies.

OP

Its impossible to say really, from the info given. Both panels are good panels and some will say one or the other is better depending on what they use. Myself id go for the galaxy, but you could have better sensors, or install type from the other quote.

Granted both are gold companies so you can compare that.

You can compare the panels.

But thats about it.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

there are the stereotypes but in pure theory

SSAIB and NSI silver are very similar

Gold brings in some additional requirements and ISO quality management.

There are also SSAIB approved firms that have attained ISO.

from nsi website

NSI provides the toughest inspection services to ensure that all its approved companies continuously meet the highest standards.

Approved companies are recognised for their different stages of development through three tiers of NSI approval: Gold, Silver and Bronze.

The Gold schemes are the most esteemed and provide a target for ambitious companies to achieve, whilst Silver provides smaller and younger businesses with an opportunity to receive an appropriate level of approval.

Bronze is an entry-level scheme for NSI Guarding companies.

Guest RJBsec
What's the difference between SSAIB & NACOSS companies?

You may just have sabotaged your own thread :lol:

SSAIB and NACOSS are the two inspectorates for the electronic security industry (basically).

Some might say get quotes from companies of both but the important thing IMO is to use an approved company of either.

No reason, I just wanted quotes from any local company who would be acceptable to the police.

What's the difference between SSAIB & NACOSS companies?

bit like asking the difference beween coke & pepsi TBH :)

their both just inspectorates

some co's choose to join ssaib, some choose to join nacoss & some join neither

each to their own

detailed info on each is available on the inspectorates websites

agreed.

Also OP if a company is inspected by NSI they will say thats the better one. If they are inspected by the SSAIB they will say that is.

Only companies that have been or are approved by both can really comment on that, however this is not the thread for it.

I understand it makes your choice a little harder having two inspectorates along with everything else.

James

Archived