Security Installer Community

Ir Beam Or Pir?

Hi all,

I've been asked to rejuvinate the alarm systems in 4 100m x 100m glasshouses.

The panels (Gardtec 800's) have been disabled for about 6 years but I've got them up and running ok.

They were originally disconnected due to too many FA's but after several recent break ins I got the job.

(*It wasn't me who tried to break in*)

I was thinking of installing IR beams due to the FA's from the original PIRs but, given that the system is over 10 years old, are there any better PIRs avaliable now? Would need to cope with high temps & irrigation system.

I've also played with IR sensors for electric gates and these seem to work fine, also ok with the environment + only

safety beams are easily bypassed so you dont want to use them for intruder detection.

Id also say that pir's only in your environment wont work even a new one, so i would use active beams.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

safety beams are easily bypassed so you dont want to use them for intruder detection.

Id also say that pir's only in your environment wont work even a new one, so i would use active beams.

James

OK James, that makes sense. Guess I'll just have to make them shell out for the real thing!

Reading the forums, Optex seem to be rated highly.. Any others you recommend?

Ian

I used to be a sales rep for this company when it was called Pulnix, their beams are superb and you should be able to use the 7000 series quad PIR's. Both of these are not cheap but I would say they are at the top end of the market.

Kev

I have used Pulnix beams in many harsh environments, indoors, outdoors, car compounds, fam livestock sheds etc.

Very good quality and easy to align.

Archived