Security Installer Community

System Specification - Help Needed !

muddymickey

prem? castle yes has v- switch output move link and copys keypad sounds on to 16ohm sounder

Guest old-hand
any wired panel with visonic or scantronic wireless reciver 2-16 zones depending on model needs each one hard wired in though

Not correct.

They do not.

as above the visonic has 28 (i think) wireless zones and 2 wired. The wireless zones as their name implies are free of any wires.....

Also the homelink 75 is a little long ion the tooth (cant comment on the panel though as i dont know it) but the ion16 is brand spanking new. Oh and 'free of wires' for detection

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

OK After a bit of reading round I get the impression that the Texecom kit is well regarded, and is well documented (have downloaded a Texecom Premier 48 Installation Manual elsewhere and it certainly does seem very comprehensive).

A few more questions that have sprung to mind so far:

1) Of the Texecom Premier control panels, which would seem the most suitable ? (Note - in the future, once I've got planning and built my garage, I might like to add this to the alarm system.)

2) Does the Texecom Premier range allow me to dial-in and talk over speakers ? If so - can you only do this when an alarm has been triggered (I acknowledge this may not be an overly useful feature, but could have good comedy value if I could do it at any time to wind up kid(s)??!)

3) I note that some of the Texecom keypads have a speaker output - I presume this is to allow connection of an external speaker, rather than actually having a speaker embedded in the keypad ? If more than one keypad has a speaker attached would they all broadcast at the same time ?

4) What are general thoughts on use of proximity tags ? I can't help but wonder that requiring a code entry is more secure (in case keys with a tag were lost or stolen etc, still wouldn't allow entry)

5) I notice the Texecom Speech Dialler offers the "talkback" feature. Does this have an integral speaker, do I need to connect a dedicated speaker to this unit, or can it talk back via speakers attached to keypad(s) ?

6) Anyone got any experience of using the X10-Com unit ? How configurable is it ?

How about the following for an initial stab at a shopping list:

1 x Texecom Premier 48?? Control Panel

1 x Texecom RadioPlus Intelligent Receiver

8 x Texecom PIR (type TBC)

4 x Texecom RadioPlus Magnetic Contact

1 x Texecom Odyssey 5 115dB bell box

4 x Texecom Premier Remote Keypad LCD Large Character (LCDL)

1 x Texecom Speech Dialler with SMS

1 x Texecom Remote Microphone Unit

1 x Texecom Premier USB-Com

1 x Texecom Premier X10-Com

Archived