Security Installer Community

Eurosec

Amps

Taken over a system with a Eurosec panel installed and im having trouble installing a second keypad. The existing keypad is LED and the new keypad is LCD. The LCD keypad is to replace a pa button so the two keypads will be wired in star format with the 680ohm eol resistor fitted in the keypad furthest away(LED) as advised by Risco. All i can get on the LCD keypad are square blocks displayed and no other data and the keys do not beep when pressed. I've tried just installing the LCD keypad direct to the panel with the LED keypad dissed but still the same. The cable meter's out all ok so im wondering if the LCD keypad is not compatable with the panel which i think is a cp7. I know nothing of Eurosec so any advice welcome. :)

post-18086-1239217917_thumb.jpg

post-18086-1239218478_thumb.jpg post-18086-1239218406_thumb.jpg

Taken over a system with a Eurosec panel installed and im having trouble installing a second keypad. The existing keypad is LED and the new keypad is LCD. The LCD keypad is to replace a pa button so the two keypads will be wired in star format with the 680ohm eol resistor fitted in the keypad furthest away(LED) as advised by Risco. All i can get on the LCD keypad are square blocks displayed and no other data and the keys do not beep when pressed. I've tried just installing the LCD keypad direct to the panel with the LED keypad dissed but still the same. The cable meter's out all ok so im wondering if the LCD keypad is not compatable with the panel which i think is a cp7. I know nothing of Eurosec so any advice welcome. :)

post-18086-1239217917_thumb.jpg

says LED on the pcb.

:no:

:rolleyes: assured me that if the pcb had only two fuses LCD will be ok. seems obvious now though :huh:

one other thing the tech support number at the back of the eurosec manual i have is answerd by somebody from THOMAS COOK B) who then says i suppose you want the gardtech group number!! a little strange to say the least :)

:rolleyes: assured me that if the pcb had only two fuses LCD will be ok. seems obvious now though :huh:

one other thing the tech support number at the back of the eurosec manual i have is answerd by somebody from THOMAS COOK B) who then says i suppose you want the gardtech group number!! a little strange to say the least :)

Never worked on one before. THOMAS COOK :whistle:

LED is obsolete, and a pain in the bum to work with compared with the LCD version.

As for the Risco tech support half of them don't know the products, you can ring up twice with the same question and get two different answers.

Try and get the obnoxious bloke, he knows what he is talking about, but then tells you off for asking stupid questions.

Archived