Security Installer Community

Helicopters

Guest markhills

The ACT rfi filter is only good upto 800Mhz, which is well below the microwave band, so I doubt this filter would help in this instance.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest Gimmick

I agree with the last post here: the filters will do little to protect the systems against that level of interference. The frequency ranges are way beyond what is caught by the filtering.

On the note about manufacturers fitting these kinds of devices it is unfortunate in this day that installation companies take the approach that a system should do "everything we need it to . . ", but not expect to pay any premium or sensible price for it. When end up happening is that manufacturers design and manufacture control panel to meet the current Commercial and Heavy-Commercial immunity requirements, with very little additional headroom. Unfortunately it is not the manufacturers that specify the level of protection a system should have. We simply design within these limits set and tighter cost control means there is no room to simply thrown in "everything but the kitchen sink" to prevent against RFI interference.

It's a vicious circle unfortuntately . . that keeps ACT Meters in business of course . . lol.

Gimmick.

Guest markhills

Point taken. I still think it would be a great selling feature for a panel to be badged with the ACT logo saying act filters built-in, something along the lines of intel inside for computers but without the annoying tune!! :)

• 8 months later...

I still think it would be a great selling feature for a panel to be badged with the ACT logo saying act filters built-in, something along the lines of intel inside for computers but without the annoying tune!! :)

17509[/snapback]

I think I remember some sort of topic covering this kind of issue...?

I rather badge panel installed by our staff with our label to show that it is installed according to our high reg's..

As an ex spacey (79 & 617 W/O) :P there are many aircraft that use the microwave tech, if ther're low flying then 2 + 2 =4.

Have a work with Dave at ACT meters and tell him the problem you've got. He might be able to route you something out, The other Dave's right about the RFI filters & I've personally found them a waste of time. Ferrite clamp filters, ferrite rings offer some protection on the cables themselves, however if it's the microwave it's triggering you could try fitting another dual tech with another frequency type (different ones avalible.... I hate to say pyronix). If all else fails PM me and I'll get in touch with some guys I know from siganls and they might be able to sort something or suggest a solution to you, or at least give you some info about the choppers.

Otherwise ditch the Dual tech and replace it with god knows what else...... door contact, breakglass, vibration sensor (If they're not too low).

cheers Tony

:police:

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived