Security Installer Community

Helicopters

Guest markhills

Guest markhills

I recently discovered that Chinook helicopters bounce microwaves at the ground in order to find out how high they are flying. I have seen this cause of false alarms on microwave only sensors. I wondered if anyone else has whitnessed this phenomenon?

I can see the call form now

reset due to low flying helicopter boucing rays off premises

i,m sure the customer (and Police) would be impressed with that one :):lol:

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest markhills

Its one step away from space ships and little green men I know but I was recently carfully discussing this fault diagnosis with a nacoss inspector who said that he had heard of this happening. Probably from another space cadet service engineer like myself!!

Guest markhills

I have never heard that before. This nacoss inspector I was talking to said that certain types of wireless computer netwok hubs can cause problems. I must investiage that further. I had though that all new products that transmit were meant to be tested in such a way that they do not interfere with existing electronics!

Well you have just eplain some problems I have been having with customer well maybe. This sensor in a particular zone keeps activating for no reason whatsoever I have changed the PIR I have replaced spike surpresser and rewired and still now and again it would go off when the alarm is armed. Well I have just twiged. RAF Odiham is just a few miles from the customer and the chinocks use this area for low flying practices and when |I say low flying i mean low flying you can smell the exhaust fumes 2 to 3 minutes after it has been over :lol: They must be using the same technology as described the only thing is the sensor is a dual tech type. Well its a possibiliy :!: Ile have to have a word with the flight commander :lol::blink:

knock knock!

whos' there!

its the men in white coats come to take you away to the alarm loony bin :P

you need help brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fit a filter and have yourself a holiday,you been working too hard B) B) B)

I recently discovered that Chinook helicopters bounce microwaves at the ground in order to find out how high they are flying. I have seen this cause of false alarms on microwave only sensors. I wondered if anyone else has whitnessed this phenomenon?

its a bit dangerous init,if one of them microwaves hit me i'll sue,i mean there bloody heavy arnt they,surely the mod could come up with something a bit more hi-tech :P

Archived