Security Installer Community

Helicopters

Guest markhills

Guest markhills

I agree, I think thats what started the war in iraq! I take your point, i need a holiday - I hear bagdad is warm this time of year :ph34r:

Strong transmitters, and the harmonics they can generate are a major concern for any alarm system, even hardwired.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

optex MX-40 is the present detector. Oh and buy the way just because its the MOD dont mean there kit is reliable. Ile have to put you through to a signals engineer i know he has got some stories. And its like the Appachie it cant fly with all its bells and whistles on at the same time because it will crash oh and forget launching anything from it good old MOD. :ph34r:

Guest markhills

Valid point here about filters. My question is why panel manufacturers do not include these in the construction of their panels? After all there is not much to them and as for the act 1313 they work exteemly well at solving thoes false alarms!

The 1313 is for INDUCED AC VOLTAGE, you would need the ACT 2468 RFI filter to help minimise the effects of radio interferance.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest markhills

Agreed, :) I have had probs in the past getting companies I've worked for to get these things added to van stock.

Would an ACT rfi filter solve the problem original identified though because it is not actualy changing what the microwave detector is (seeing)?

Archived