Security Installer Community

Hi Guys..from Australia

thorg

Hi all

I am Thorg, from Australia, also security installer..just I am curious how is this industry in the UK now? in australia is difficult now..so I think to move to the UK..but no idea if I could find any job in the industry. Are any local licences required? In australia we need security licence, cabling licence, ohs card.

Hi all

I am Thorg, from Australia, also security installer..just I am curious how is this industry in the UK now? in australia is difficult now..so I think to move to the UK..but no idea if I could find any job in the industry. Are any local licences required? In australia we need security licence, cabling licence, ohs card.

Welcome,

I would do you a swap anyday.

Guest old-hand

Welcome, as for licences and others all you need is a 10 yr checkable work record and a pass ( vetting) from the local constabulary. We are not so picky over here lol.

Welcome mate. I have a friend who is working in theIndustry over there and he tells me the same story.

Whistle, remember nicer climate, nicer surprises, as in Spiders and other nice things, in the loft and under the floors. I thought SA was bad I am busy on a contract in Lagos and the spiders here are very NICE.

cheers Kev

thanx

australian climate is very nice, spiders are also ok, but the worst is lack of job..now a friend of mine (a painter - 20 years experience) got 2 days job in last 3 months, and 3 months he hasn't had anything!!!...other subbies are looking for any job very, very desperately

10 years checkable work history sounds like a joke - does it mean that overseas qualifications aren't checkable? should I live in the UK for 10 years prior to apply for this licence?

last year I met a british guy visiting Australia and he was 23 year old and worked in the industry, he couldn't have 10 years work history..did he begin to work as a 13 year old child?

please explain me it

not sure on overseas but im sure th epolice can check.

Its not a work check all we need to do is ensure nbo criminal record and we can account where you have been working etc for 10 yrs OR upto leaving school.

But thats only a requirement for approved companies. You could have been inside for 5 yrs for burglary then work for an unapproved firm or setup your own.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest old-hand
thanx

australian climate is very nice, spiders are also ok, but the worst is lack of job..now a friend of mine (a painter - 20 years experience) got 2 days job in last 3 months, and 3 months he hasn't had anything!!!...other subbies are looking for any job very, very desperately

10 years checkable work history sounds like a joke - does it mean that overseas qualifications aren't checkable? should I live in the UK for 10 years prior to apply for this licence?

last year I met a british guy visiting Australia and he was 23 year old and worked in the industry, he couldn't have 10 years work history..did he begin to work as a 13 year old child?

please explain me it

10 yrs checkable, if less then school history,basically its to show your not a criminal. Thats you fekeed then as your of a criminal decent lol.....

Archived