Security Installer Community

10ch+ Dvr With 90 Day Capacity (required)

Hooner

We have a client who for one reason or another wants to preserve footage of their site for upto 90 days at a time.

They have 10 cameras. Even if we introduced alarm based recording and reduced the image size to CIF we would still need around 6TB of storage space.

What a nightmare.

I had originally planned to use a Samsung SVR1650 /1680 with an SVS5e expansion module fitted with 4 x 1TB disks, but on reading the tech specs of the SVS5e it seems the max capacity across the 4 disks is only 1TB.

Anyone had experience of this in the past and can recommend reliable kit.

Thanks in advance.

Have a look at the newer h.264 DVRs, we have one that is easily giving 2 months recording across 16 cameras (720 x 288, best picture quality and decent frame rate) with 2 TB on continuous recording. I say the newer ones as they will not have the usual h.264 drawbacks and should work as you expect your MPEG4 to work.

Have a look at the DVR365, it will take 8 drives of 1TB each and its H264 as well

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

kodicom (kodicom is pc based cards but good ones 1 chip 1 camera) so depending on mainboard fitted and its hdd capacity as much as you can afford & with a extra pci ide/ata card, loads of storage can be added and up to 25pps per camera or at full pal 8pps may have gone up with better mainboards & software.

eneo might be worth a look as well i think there might be calculators on some web sites that will give you the capacity in days from vid size, quality, pps, hard drive size, just downloaded this demo looks good ruff stats it gave were 90days at 320x288 8pps looking at 70gb per cam or at full pal 320gb per cam

ipCameraCalcSetup.zip

Interesting topic as we have had this crop up several times recently.

Some companies wanting recordings for well over 6-12 months on hi-resolution settings.

The two main solutions our customers have adopted are.

A - DVRs packed with HDs (you can get 8x 1TB HDs in both the Alien and 365).

If 8TB is not enough storage, they have used multiple DVRs and swapped DVRS over as one has got its hard drives full of data. Although it seems wasteful to do this, it actually quite cost effective and a simple solution for long term storage.

B- The other solution adopted was to use the Alien and a networked PC with network storage. The Alien is set to automatically back up the Video data to the PC and the PC saves it on its hard drive(s) and attached network storage. You can add as much network storage as you like to get unlimited archiving

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Pricey but the Vista SmartDisc with a 1Tera hard drive will do the trick. I have just installed one with 7 cameras and you can choose to record different cameras for different lenghths of time. I have just configured to record 2 cameras for 365 days and 5 for 31 days.They have a downloadable calculator if you want to check. Probably cost you around

Archived