Security Installer Community

texecom premier

Not a case of ridicule for other panels.

Soz m8 but i don't agree as you will notice from my previous post"when it comes down to //.National Installer.// engineer's a large morjority in my experience will ridicule any panel which is not a Galaxy"

Comments like "when are you going to start using a proper panel etc" wear thin very quickly, may be it's just the bunch of engineers in my local area, like i said there are alot of other good panels out there with more than enough features on them for a large majority of installs eg abacus, aritech, scantronic, dsc.

Nice to meet a //.National Installer.// engineer who actually aknowledges other panels as "good" just wish i'd have met a few more like you sir! lol

We've spent many many years fitting firstly Aritech C75's and hundreds of Vista's onwards to Abacus control units. Panels I've never come across until I joined Sentry. I'm more or less a 100% Menvier chap but after a sort of engineer revolt, we got the Texacom rep down to show us the wares on offer. After some sort of haggling, we embraced the Premier range. my firm has been fitting them totally for the past year.

Any Texacom reps who have been to Sentry in Hull will tell you the most clued up of the engineers who the demonstrations are aimed at is actually a woman. my girlfriend Sally knows everything about the Premier range which isn't good for me when I have to call her when i'm programming the 2400 digi or the radiopad. I know Sal will kill me for this if she ever found out, but if a woman can install em, anyone can. lol. If you're familiar with Menvier protocol, then Texacoms Premier range will feel very familiar.

With the slight possibility of landing in the dog house, I'm off to get myself a comfy duvet.

Tony

ACE.gif

Not a case of ridicule for other panels.

Soz m8 but i don't agree as you will notice from my previous post"when it comes down to //.National Installer.// engineer's a large morjority in my experience will ridicule any panel which is not a Galaxy"

Comments like "when are you going to start using a proper panel etc" wear thin very quickly, may be it's just the bunch of engineers in my local area, like i said there are alot of other good panels out there with more than enough features on them for a large majority of installs eg abacus, aritech, scantronic, dsc.

Nice to meet a //.National Installer.// engineer who actually aknowledges other panels as "good" just wish i'd have met a few more like you sir! lol

There is one benefit for us non //.National Installer.// engineers who swear and know nothing else besides Tyco's Galaxy panel and that is we can install any other panel without being out of our depth.

No offence but installing the same equipment, you get to be great at it. Efficient at it, maybe even complacent but give an //.National Installer.// installer who has worked for no one else a Scanny 9448+ and he's as useless as the end user.

Of course, full respect to those //.National Installer.// engineers and service guys who have sampled the wares of other manufacturers whilst working for independents.

Tony

ACE.gif

Hi Time served

Yeah, "mine's better than yours" dosn't really help much and each engineer will have their own personal favourite.

I can't speak for other engineers, only myself, and I try to base my opinions / conclusions on my own experiances.

As different manufacturers aim their products at different markets perhaps it's a little unfair to compare a domestic/light commercial panel with one that's designed for large commercial/industrial use.

As for galaxy, I'm a relative newcomer to the world of galaxy but it's stonkingly good equipment and as i said before very flexable (although it carries a heafty price tag).

Nice to meet you too :D

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

There is one benefit for us non //.National Installer.// engineers who swear and know nothing else besides Tyco's Galaxy panel and that is we can install any other panel without being out of our depth.

No offence but installing the same equipment, you get to be great at it. Efficient at it, maybe even complacent but give an //.National Installer.// installer who has worked for no one else a Scanny 9448+ and he's as useless as the end user.

Of course, full respect to those //.National Installer.// engineers and service guys who have sampled the wares of other manufacturers whilst working for independents.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Yeah, using the same thing day in, day out will teach you all the "quirks" of the panel but an engineer who can just do one panel wouldn't be much good to anybody, never mind //.National Installer.// !!!

Us service boys get a wide and diverse spectrum of equipment to work on and I consider myself conversant with a good selection of equipment (unlike install :P )

so I wouldn't consider myself "out of my depth" with any panel.

On the rare occasion I do come accross something I havn't worked on before, I make sure I get access to the relevent engineering information to enable me to become familiar with it.

Perhaps I'm the exeption to the rule as I'm an //.National Installer.// newbie (not been there a year yet) but I did train several of the engineers that went through my branch.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

You are having a laugh arnt ya!!!!we dont just look after galaxy,we also look after all scany models,aritech and yes even texecom etc,the engineer panel id list currently has over 100 models of panels we look after,like i say thats what puts //.National Installer.// service engineers in the 'best' engineers bracket coz of our experience and versatility.

Well DONE Eng, elitetism as reached a new LOW.

Incase you have'nt noticed there are GOOD and BAD engineers in every firm, you guessed it that includes //.National Installer.//.

I'm not going to respond to any more replys that do not refer to the original post, and really can't be bothered with the "my's better than your's" syndrome GROW UP!

don't know who YOU work for,but have seen this anti //.National Installer.// stuff all before,and as you have appeared to take the hump may i suggest you.....

F$$$$K RIGHT OFF!!!

don't know who YOU work for,but have seen this anti //.National Installer.// stuff all before,and as you have appeared to take the hump may i suggest you.....

F$$$$$$K RIGHT OFF!!!

lol, Come on fellas. OK, my mildish comments were made to provoke a response. I didn't intend it to stir bad vibes. Rather than a little fresh banter for a nice Saturday.

I apologise for my comment and take it back. Even though you said '',like i say thats what puts //.National Installer.// service engineers in the 'best' engineers bracket coz of our experience and versatility.''

You have to admit though that such comments are equally provocative. At the end of the day, an engineer is as good as he wants to be. It makes no difference who you work for. It's all about determination and morale. Work for a company you respect, you will give the job 100%. Work for a company you don't respect, you will always fall short of your full potential. In which case, it would be time to move on.

We are all here fighting a common cause.

Tony

ACE.gif

Incase you have'nt noticed there are GOOD and BAD engineers in every firm, you guessed it that includes ADT.
It doesnt matter how many Good Engineers work for a company, its those 1 in 10 bad engineers that unfortunatly give a company its overall bad public opinion.

Wgen you do a fantastic job you might get a pat on the back, and the customer may even mention you to a few others. On the other hand a single bad job will get you 20 times more attention in "bad publicity".

Will a few of you please lighten up a little, and dont regard a dig at the place you work for as a personnal attack on yourself.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived