Security Installer Community

Rural Power Cuts

psc916

Firstly many thanks for all previous help received on recent questions. I have now got most of my kit list sorted.

We live in a rural area and are prone to power cuts (usually only short ones for 5 mins or so) when the weather is bad during the winter.

Will be installing a Texecom Premier 48 control panel with PSU200XP expander & 2 Yuasa 12v 7A batteries. Are there any additional electrical components (supressors? etc) that my electrician would be advised to instal to prevent damage / issues regarding the fact that we will be guaranteed to experience short intermittent power cuts during the winter months? Many thanks

Firstly many thanks for all previous help received on recent questions. I have now got most of my kit list sorted.

We live in a rural area and are prone to power cuts (usually only short ones for 5 mins or so) when the weather is bad during the winter.

Will be installing a Texecom Premier 48 control panel with PSU200XP expander & 2 Yuasa 12v 7A batteries. Are there any additional electrical components (supressors? etc) that my electrician would be advised to instal to prevent damage / issues regarding the fact that we will be guaranteed to experience short intermittent power cuts during the winter months? Many thanks

Not alarm related .... but if you expect power interruptions, get your electrician to fit an emergency light to your hall

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Guest RJBsec

I'm going to suggest a spike suppressor between your mains supply and the control panel and psu - some rural premises have 'pole-top' transformer mains supply which can cause issues, even if you have regular mains supply a mains spike suppressor will be a good investment where there are frequent short power cuts, IMO.

Guest old-hand

Go the whole hog and fit a earth choke and pir stabilisers plus a phone line suppressor as well.

ACT Meters in Liverpool do a "kit".

cheers

Go the whole hog and fit a earth choke and pir stabilisers plus a phone line suppressor as well.

ACT Meters in Liverpool do a "kit".

cheers

Tnaks for advice, i've looked at the 'kits' but they include the ACT1313 supressor which I've been advised is alraedy part of the Premier 48 panel. I will also be using a Premier PSU200XP 8-zone expander unit with PSU so I assume I will need 2 of whatever I get?

Also from looking on the ACT Meters website they have the following:

1. ACT2323 230VAC (EMI) Mainspike Suppressor

2. 1166 Earth Line Choke

3. ACT230MSF 230VAC (EMI/RFI) Mains Supression Filter

From reading the info supplied re each component doe No.3 provide the same functionality as No.1 & No.2 together & if so would I require EITHER No.1 & No.2 OR No.3 and if so what combination would be recommended.

Many thanks

I'm going to suggest a spike suppressor between your mains supply and the control panel and psu - some rural premises have 'pole-top' transformer mains supply which can cause issues, even if you have regular mains supply a mains spike suppressor will be a good investment where there are frequent short power cuts, IMO.

QFA

And prolonged power cuts. Esp if spur is on same ring/radial as eg fridge/freezer.

Guest old-hand
Tnaks for advice, i've looked at the 'kits' but they include the ACT1313 supressor which I've been advised is alraedy part of the Premier 48 panel. I will also be using a Premier PSU200XP 8-zone expander unit with PSU so I assume I will need 2 of whatever I get?

Also from looking on the ACT Meters website they have the following:

1. ACT2323 230VAC (EMI) Mainspike Suppressor

2. 1166 Earth Line Choke

3. ACT230MSF 230VAC (EMI/RFI) Mains Supression Filter

From reading the info supplied re each component doe No.3 provide the same functionality as No.1 & No.2 together & if so would I require EITHER No.1 & No.2 OR No.3 and if so what combination would be recommended.

Many thanks

Forgot the Texe has the 1313 inbuilt use 2 & 3 then. And yes 2 of each unless you "spur" the PSU from the control panel.

cheers

Forgot the Texe has the 1313 inbuilt use 2 & 3 then. And yes 2 of each unless you "spur" the PSU from the control panel.

cheers

Sorry Oxo don't know if I'm being thick but are you saying the ACT2323 is doing the same job as the ACT1313 on the board and I still need the 1166 Earth Line Choke & the ACT 230MSF?

I thought with the ACT1313 on the board I would need either the ACT2323 + 1166 Earth Line Choke OR the ACT230MSF (EMI/RFI) Mains Supressoin Filter.

Could you please clarify for me exactly what I need to get. Sorry to be a pain & thanks

Archived