Security Installer Community

Rural Power Cuts

psc916

Use the 230 and the 1166, thats what they recommend.

cheers

Plus as Roger says 1313 is DCV only.

Many thanks for all your help. I will be getting 2x 1166 & 2x 230 - for control panel & expander

PSU. :D

Its nice to see a DIYer wanting to do a job properly, rather than cheaply. Keep us informed on how you get on, I'm sure you will have a few questions when it comes to programming.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Its nice to see a DIYer wanting to do a job properly, rather than cheaply. Keep us informed on how you get on, I'm sure you will have a few questions when it comes to programming.

I'm sure I will have more questions and in the short time since I found this site I can only say how very helpful you have all been. I have just finished self-building a 3,500 ft/2 house with a detatched 770 ft/2 garage (yes - big double with single workshop), and if there's one thing I've learnt along the way it's don't be afraid to ask and if you blindly DIY when you're not sure what you are ding it'll probably cost twice as much in the end !! though thankfully that hasn't happenned yet. Anyway once again many thanks to all of you once again.

By the way I do have another question which I posted a few days ago but had only 1 reply which still leaves me unsure of general concensus of opinion - that is should I use Texecom MR mirrored optic detectors or Texecom QD quad detectors in the house. There will be 7 to 9 of them but am still unsure as to what the benefits of one over the other are? I'll be using 2 x Texecom DT dual techs in the garage / workshop block.

Any help or advice on this choice would be appreciated. cheers

Old school thinking was that mirror optics were better because fresnel lenses inevitaby attenuate the IR which gets to the pyro (the actual sensor on the PCB).

Therefore PIRs with fresnel lenses had to have higher gain amplification in order to detect the smaller ammounts of IR. This in turn led to more false alarms due to things like RFI and electron migration across the pyro elements.

Mirror optics allow more of the original signal to get to the pyro so the amplification can be turned down.

Nowdays with quad technology and better processing I really don't think there is much demand for mirror optics (at least not on relatively short range PIRs) so I would go for the quads.

Archived