Security Installer Community

Bt Inspiration With Bts Featureline

ryanjustin

Hi! :whistle:

We are moving to a new office next week and have ordered bts featureline (as advised by BT). We have an Inspiration system installed there and I really don't want to bin it because its vertually never been used and well... it's free lol.

Bt wanted to charge me

Hi! :whistle:

We are moving to a new office next week and have ordered bts featureline (as advised by BT). We have an Inspiration system installed there and I really don't want to bin it because its vertually never been used and well... it's free lol.

Bt wanted to charge me

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

It will work, but you will need to dial 9 and then 9 again for an outside line.

It is far from ideal.

The only reason they offer featurelines cheaper, or even for free is that you are tied in longer.

You can alter the Inspirations least cost routing table to automatically insert the 9 when dialing external numbers.

I would prefer to see standard PSTN lines present though to be honest.

Thanks for that! I'll call them tomorrow and see if I can change to the PSTN line. Do you know if I can change the hold music on the inspiration?

Thanks for that! I'll call them tomorrow and see if I can change to the PSTN line. Do you know if I can change the hold music on the inspiration?

It comes with a choice of silence, beeps or music. The included music is pants. I think you can add an extra lump of pcb to give further options ...... I just have the rubbish music on mine.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

• 4 weeks later...
It comes with a choice of silence, beeps or music. The included music is pants. I think you can add an extra lump of pcb to give further options ...... I just have the rubbish music on mine.

I have since bought the bt versatility system and it's great... picked it up for

How did you sort the issue with your Featureline?

Are you having to dial 99 and confusing yourself?

Did you setup least cost routing to sort the issue in the less than ideal way?

Did you winge to BT and say you where miss-sold the Feature line as you intended to fit a PBX?

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

How did you sort the issue with your Featureline?

Are you having to dial 99 and confusing yourself?

Did you setup least cost routing to sort the issue in the less than ideal way?

Did you winge to BT and say you where miss-sold the Feature line as you intended to fit a PBX?

We contacted BT and told them we were unhappy being miss-sold. It took 2 weeks for the lines to be transferred to normal analogue lines.

We now don't have to dial 99 :rolleyes:

What is least call routing?

Contacted a supplier in the mainland and got a really good deal on bt versatility system, he arranged the install for me... great way... much better than bt could offer!

Archived