Security Installer Community

6 core colour coding

Guest mikebrown

Guest mikebrown

Hello out there,

I am an engineer by trade although not in security systems. I thought I would use my spare time to wire up a domestic house alarm. That was until I realised I had no idea about standard alarm wiring. Can any one tell me if there is a standard coding for six/eight core cable when wiring up pirs,bell boxes ect.

I though I may as well try and get it right in case I have to call on you guys.

Thank you in advance

Mike Brown

Each to their own mate as far as wiring is concerned. Providing the relevent colours at the terminals on the PIR/Bell/RKP match up with the relevent terminals on the end station, thats all that counts really. All alarm companies use different colour codes to each other although I think a few of the national companies do instruct their installers to use a specific colour coding. This is more to aid repairs, modifications ect...

Tony

ACE.gif

Guest kenny james
:D just as a guide you could use green and white for your tampers, blue and yellow for your zone, red and black for power.

Guest Gimmick

Have to agree with Kenny on that colour coding. That is the norm here in the factory, and on any sites I have dealt with. Blue/Yellow for Alarm, Green/White for Tamper and the Power as usual.

Regards

Gimmick.

I'm different! ( everybody says that, esp women. They say they've never met anyone like me)

Back to the 6 core, use white and green for aux +- respectivly.

Why??

I can keep the zone and tamp colours consistant through 4 core and 6 core.

Seemed like a good idea when i started comercially at 17!

I'm with Chris on this one,

Blue/black =tamper

green white= aux 12v

red yellow= zone

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest dale

Mine change depending on how im feeling.... just means ive got another field to fill in on my customer database, and makes it slightly harder for anyone trying to circuvent the system who has seen one of my installs before!

Im also with Chris (hes sitting in my living room), keeps all zone and tampers the same colours.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived