Security Installer Community

Which Scantronic Panel Is The Galaxy Equivalent

Terry

After some further read, seems like the Scantronic 9751EN is the equivalent of the Galaxy G2-20

And:

1-That it requires a Wireless module as an optional extra.

2- That it does not send SMS, but requires an additional advanced speechdialer to do that.

So it is not impossible to get the Scantronic to do the Galaxy tricks, it just needs

id go for the gal. If you want voice as well as text then you will need to add a voice dialler to the gal however if your looking at monitoring then a voice dialler will probablly cause you issues (ie you will be on the phone to your dialler as the arc call you or try to, and they would have to move to the next keyholder.

But as we have said before its not just about the equipment, you caould have the best equipment installe dbadly and you will have a bad system, much less an untidy one. Also you can installer lesser equipment well that would give a better system overall. Obviously you want the best equipment installed correctly. So dont make the decision purly on equipment and price. Who will give a better system overall? Thats what you need to be asking. Both panels (and you have only listed panel brands nothing else) are high quality units, but I am a Galaxy Fan.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Reckon you answered your own question then. :)

I kind of have yes.

Going for the Galaxy with the 1st quote from the NSI gold supplier, as I discovered today the 12 months plan is a 0% plan; so can spread the cost over 12 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Good choice imo

We used to fit a lot of Scanny 9751's, but then after having a lot of glitches with the cheaper 9651, and the Menvier range for larger installs we moved to Galaxy and have not looked back. Having seen and worked on both panels extensively the G2-20 is way ahead in build quality. I have fitted well over 100 smaller 2-20/2-44 and never had a panel issue. Cant say that for Scantronic.......

Guest old-hand
Good choice imo

We used to fit a lot of Scanny 9751's, but then after having a lot of glitches with the cheaper 9651, and the Menvier range for larger installs we moved to Galaxy and have not looked back. Having seen and worked on both panels extensively the G2-20 is way ahead in build quality. I have fitted well over 100 smaller 2-20/2-44 and never had a panel issue. Cant say that for Scantronic.......

Funny we use both Cooper panels ( Scanny and Menvier, same company now) and Galaxy. Some have glitched some not in no particular order. Same as a new car some have faults some not.

Lets go onto another panel shall we and really try to post more //.B.W.F.// about them.

Funny we use both Cooper panels ( Scanny and Menvier, same company now) and Galaxy. Some have glitched some not in no particular order. Same as a new car some have faults some not.

Lets go onto another panel shall we and really try to post more //.B.W.F.// about them.

Seriously, the early 9651's had random tampers after ccts 4 onwards if using fsl...... Cooper denied it, then we got some 'modified' eproms to swap in glitching panels. I lost could the amount of M750s' M800's we had with no heartbeat, glitching E/E tones...., random masking/tamper faults caused by the plug on connectors.... Granted this is going back to the start of when the graded panels were released. Fingers well and truely burned, lost all confidence in thier product..... Had to be ditched. Was a shame as the TS range is/was brilliant, really rate the 2500, awesome bit of kit.

Archived