Security Installer Community

Which Scantronic Panel Is The Galaxy Equivalent

Terry

As some of you may know, I am looking for a modern alarm systems to meet my needs and to replace my 11 yrs old Gardtec 300 system.

Thanks to the invaluable information on this site, and the advice given by the very helpful professional members I have almost decided on a Galaxy G2-20 as it will provide me with what i need in terms of:

1- A Grade2 PD6662 compliant system - that is suitable for police response

2- Proximity keypad with fobs, for ease of use for my son & parents.

3- Hybrid technology, so I can make use of my existing wired sensors and possible to add 2 more wireless PIRs (which i need).

4- Can connect to a wireless smoke detector

5- Can notify me when the system is set/unset via SMS - so I'd know my son is back home safely.

6- Built in Digicom, so can easily be monitored if we want it to be.

7- Easy user interface (setting individual zones, removing users if fob is lost, adding new users)

Now, i heard nothing but good reviews about the Scantronic and by calling my local professional, it seems that most of them are more familiar with it than the Galaxy. Well 4 out of the 5 I called said they only deal with Scantronic?!

I was wondering if:

1- There is a Scantronic panel that can provide me with the same set of features the Galaxy G2-20 would.

2- The Scantronic panels are of the same quality & reliability of the Honeywell Galaxy ones.

Thank you all for the help so far - really appreciated.

1. Yes but i beleive with scantronic you need to add some parts. Dont use scanny so cant help

2. Those that use scantronic would say yes. Those that dont (myself included) would say no they are not.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Those that use scantronic would say yes. Those that dont (myself included) would say no they are not.

Thanks, so basically I won't get a straight answer on this one :rolleyes:

OK, then the G2 comes loaded - but Scantronics require optional additions.

Guest RJBsec

1. Scantronic panels do not do SMS, you would need to add a text dialler to do this.

2. Scantronic is a well-known 'old' UK manufacturer used by many installers and very popular. Battery life for Galaxy wireless components is much better - Galaxy panels are more 'testing' for installers therefore many do not use them, that is not a negative for the panel!

.. Galaxy panels are more 'testing' for installers therefore many do not use them, that is not a negative for the panel!

Thanks RJB

Can I deduce from this, that if I am going to go down the Galaxy route, I have to make damn sure the installer is not only NSI Gold or SSAIB approved who simply fit Galaxy panels, but that he is also comfortable with fitting & happy supporting them?

Guest RJBsec
Thanks RJB

Can I deduce from this, that if I am going to go down the Galaxy route, I have to make damn sure the installer is not only NSI Gold or SSAIB approved who simply fit Galaxy panels, but that he is also comfortable with fitting & happy supporting them?

Strictly speaking there is no requirement to have NSI Gold, this merely indicates that they have elected to proceed with and have obtained ISO Quality Assurance.

NSI Silver companies do not have an ISO Quality Assurance scheme, which is IMO 'overkill' for the small installation company or sole trader who may well provide as good or better a service, but does not view the additional beaurocracy and expense accompanying ISO to be sensible or beneficial to his company or customers.

Whoever you choose, you are right, they should be fully conversant with and able to support the Galaxy panel.

Whoever you choose, you are right, they should be fully conversant with and able to support the Galaxy panel.

OK, hands up any

• professional installer here in the forums who is
  • either SSAIB Or NSI (Any colour :rolleyes: ) approved,
  • installs Galaxy panels and
  • covers my area Twickenham - London :unsure:

After some further read, seems like the Scantronic 9751EN is the equivalent of the Galaxy G2-20

And:

1-That it requires a Wireless module as an optional extra.

2- That it does not send SMS, but requires an additional advanced speechdialer to do that.

So it is not impossible to get the Scantronic to do the Galaxy tricks, it just needs

Guest old-hand
After some further read, seems like the Scantronic 9751EN is the equivalent of the Galaxy G2-20

And:

1-That it requires a Wireless module as an optional extra.

2- That it does not send SMS, but requires an additional advanced speechdialer to do that.

So it is not impossible to get the Scantronic to do the Galaxy tricks, it just needs

Archived