Security Installer Community

What On Earth Is This In My Bell Box?

pinter75

Yup thought so ;-)

Now for another question. This is the only smoke detector for the whole lower ground of the property. There is a mains one upstairs, but not connected to the alarm.

I would like to add a detector in every room, but running a signal wire between them all will be tricky. Can I get a wireless module to go in place of this wired one, and have "slave" battery operated detectors in other rooms? When any of these trigger, the "master" unit will signal the panel..?

If so, any reccomendations?

cheers.

Edit: just found Radio Interlink Base etc... But I ideally need it on a 12v supply not 240ac

Edit again: I think I will try to run signal cables...

I've never heard of any equipment that would do that. The only non-manufacturer specific wireless smoke detectors I'm familiar with don't have a 'main unit' nor any outputs for integration with an intruder alarm.

.... maybe others on here know of something you could use.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Ok, I have checked the smoke detector out and all seems ok. It just needed a real good clean. Also I traced back the wires from the switch in the external control panel back to the panel. It cuts the supply to the smoke det, essentially resetting it.

I am looking to run some linked smoke detectors throughout the house, but as this seems to be ok, it is going back in.

Archived