Security Installer Community

What On Earth Is This In My Bell Box?

pinter75

I would hazard a guess those things sticking out are leds (possibly IR) and matching receiver - foam would break the transmission between the two.

Maybe one of the has failed, or is just really, really dirty..

Agreed 9 times out of 10 its c##p covering one of the beams.

Agreed 9 times out of 10 its c##p covering one of the beams.

Thanks, I have given it a good clean, as there were quite a few really old cobwebbs in there. I'll do the cellphone camera test to see if the IR leds are still working.

yes new sensors have an auto reset facility. BUT you may have this device with another sharing the zone. This wa sthe way to do it to remain compliant (ie so you could work out which had activated)

depends on how many circuits you have spare on your 9100

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

yes new sensors have an auto reset facility. BUT you may have this device with another sharing the zone. This wa sthe way to do it to remain compliant (ie so you could work out which had activated)

depends on how many circuits you have spare on your 9100

It is the oly sensor on the 8th channel. Lucily the sensors were labled and colour coded when installed.

in that case then a sensor update would solve the issue, but how often does it go off? ie what i mean is you shouldnt need to reset it much

The sensor being high won't let me arm the system. If I put a link in the circuit in-place of the foam detector, them it arms fine.

i was talking about the smoke sensor.

tbh id just chnage your bell to one that isnt vulnerable to foam. The old ones were, the new ones are much more resistant

Ahh ok,

The system won't arm unless I push the button to "de-power" the smoke alarm.

I have checked the trigger pins Yellow & Blue and they have 12v across them. Thats all I can figure out at the moment.

Here it is in all it's early 1990s glory (I don't actually know if it can still detect smoke being that old)

alarm1.jpg

Archived