Security Installer Community

Should Have Bought It Last Week

Mattyg2004

I have found a vicon 216 dvr but it states that its only 120fps which is ok on 4-5 channel but surely only 7.5 fps on 16 channel is a little poor

If i where to run 8 channel would 15fps give a good enough picture (I believe the human eye only sees at 15fps

or do I try and grab a panasonic HD500

Hi Mattyg2004, just to make you aware that the 120fps is probably for NTSC not PAL (the camers you are most likely to use) which is more likely to be 100fps, also check what resolution that frame rate is available at, if it is 100fps at 360x288 then it is likely only to give you 25fps at 720x576 or 50fps at 720x288 (if it can record at those resolutions). Generally I would not recommend recording at 360x288. Not familar with the unit but would advise you to check these specifications.

sorry to hear about your brake in i would be sick for weeks if that happend to me, then proberly court ding some holes in the woods when i court the sob,s and with the car thing i hate leaving any thing in my car luckly my sat nav is on my phone so allways with me, any way back to topic

i would agree with most of the above a good strong door with hinge bolts

you wont go wrong with that panny dvr, just get some half decent cameras to go with it.

someone a few doors up from me recently stole something from my yard, this was all caught on second hand high end equipment

i phoned police, they came out next day (was not urgent) showed them footage and gave them a copy, person was arrested and took away, they admited to the theft, were cautioned and my item returned.

second hand high end is the way to go for a home user who wants cctv and knows what there dooing, or like me is a gadget freak and knows what there buying.

you wont go wrong with that panny dvr, just get some half decent cameras to go with it.

someone a few doors up from me recently stole something from my yard, this was all caught on second hand high end equipment

i phoned police, they came out next day (was not urgent) showed them footage and gave them a copy, person was arrested and took away, they admited to the theft, were cautioned and my item returned.

second hand high end is the way to go for a home user who wants cctv and knows what there dooing, or like me is a gadget freak and knows what there buying.

same here, 95% of my equipment on my houses are second hand high end stuff, and its all still got years ahead of it, and is sitll better quality than that cheap chinese tat you get on ebay,

regs

alex

Ok I now have the Dvr wired up to a couple of cameras and can see it over my network via its IP address and my browser.

How do i set it up so I can view over the internet.

Do i have to go through a domain server?? If so can anyone point me in the right direction.

cheers

Matt

Guest old-hand
Ok I now have the Dvr wired up to a couple of cameras and can see it over my network via its IP address and my browser.

How do i set it up so I can view over the internet.

Do i have to go through a domain server?? If so can anyone point me in the right direction.

cheers

Matt

Got its remote viewing software?

first things first, are you using a router? if so have a look a the dyns setting, does it give you a choice of providers? as mine (sky) you can only use http://www.dyndns.com/, which just happens to be the best in my view.

you would need to register with this site, pick your self a web addy, write down the details and keep them handy, would also be handy if you could tell us what router your using.

do this first then come back, then we can get the ports and services sorted out, sounds complicated and proabably is to a newbie, but should take no more then 30 mins to sort out.

beaware that this "web addy" that you pick will not work from your own house (but will work from any other internet connection) do the above then come back

cheers

lee

first things first, are you using a router? if so have a look a the dyns setting, does it give you a choice of providers? as mine (sky) you can only use http://www.dyndns.com/, which just happens to be the best in my view.

you would need to register with this site, pick your self a web addy, write down the details and keep them handy, would also be handy if you could tell us what router your using.

do this first then come back, then we can get the ports and services sorted out, sounds complicated and proabably is to a newbie, but should take no more then 30 mins to sort out.

beaware that this "web addy" that you pick will not work from your own house (but will work from any other internet connection) do the above then come back

cheers

lee

cheers Lee,

Ok I have registered with that site and now have an web address.

The equipment I'm using is:

Panasonic hd500 DVR

3 x Eneo http://www.eneo-security.com/system/web/en...plate=a15_92103 Cameras

netgear wnr834b router/cable modem

http://www.netgear.co.uk/rangemaxnext_wire...ers_wnr834b.php

I'm on Virgin cable 10meg BB

Archived