Security Installer Community

G3 Zone Programming Help

woodpecker

Hi folks,

I am having an issue with my Galaxy G3 (proably due to zone programming).

I have the exit time set very short 3 secs, this is so the alarm sets very quickly at night on partial with timed set (ie don't want to wake the kids up).

The issue I have is when doing a full set to go out, I want the closing of the door contact on the front door to initiate the full set.

I have programmed the front door zone as Final.

I then do a full set with either pin or prox, with the front door contact open, the timer (3 secs) expires before the door shuts, when I shut the door the alarm sets but then immediately goes off.

Reading the manual it would appear Final is the correct zone type so I cannot understand why it goes off, any suggestions please?

Why not program the B key as silent part set.

That sounds a fine idea, I didn't realise it would do that, I am on a steep learning curve with this panel.

Do you recommend I changed the exit time then and part set silent for night?

Does the final zone contact need to be closed before the exit time expires? It sounds like this is where I have gone wrong, I assumed the final zone would set the alarm without triggering it whether the exit time had expired or not??

Thanks.

the final zone will terminate the set. if you set it to 30 say seconds.

If its set to 3 then its possible you will no get the door closed in time.

As above use 30 seconds and silent part set

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

the final zone will terminate the set. if you set it to 30 say seconds.

If its set to 3 then its possible you will no get the door closed in time.

As above use 30 seconds and silent part set

Thanks guys will have a go.

I have another question about G3 and GSM but will start a new thread.

Thanks.

Can you point me in the direction, B key is set option 13 Part Set but cannot see how to make it silent?

Still no further with this, I have re-programmed the B key to instant part set (option 17), that works fine, so I have now re-set the exit timer to 30 secs.

If I arm the alarm with the Final zone open, then close the final zone the alarm sets but at the same time the bell box rings.

If I arm the alarm with the Final zone closed, the 30 sec countdown starts, if I then open the Final Zone it shows Final Zone open on the keypad, when I close the final zone the alarm sets but the bell box starts ringing as well, arghhhhh!

Any suggestions?

Guest old-hand

What does the log say after this activation.

Rather than guess let the panel tell you what is happening. I have several ideas, but the panel knows the truth.

What does the log say after this activation.

Rather than guess let the panel tell you what is happening. I have several ideas, but the panel knows the truth.

The strange thing is the panel shows nothing, unless I'm not looking in the right place, nothing in menu 44 trace, that shows the last activation nearly a week ago when I was testing under a part set condition.

Where should I be looking, by the way I just set the exit time to infinite (000) and still the same, alarm sets on final zone close but bells ring......

Please help.

Archived