Security Installer Community

G3 Zone Programming Help

woodpecker

You got the bell trigger in an output programmed as set by any chance?

I'll check, I wired the bell box as per a thread a couple down, it is wired to output 1 which I believe is default Bell, I am sure the output was set as Bell, do I need to check somewhere else as well?

A part set from Key B works perfectly, its only a full set when closing final zone that does this.

I'll check, I wired the bell box as per a thread a couple down, it is wired to output 1 which I believe is default Bell, I am sure the output was set as Bell, do I need to check somewhere else as well?

A part set from Key B works perfectly, its only a full set when closing final zone that does this.

Just checked, the trigger is on output 1001, BELLS, Output Mode Latch, Polarity 0=POS, Diag Record 0=OFF

1001 or 1011 is the correct terminology

1001 defaults to bells

1011 defaults to set

Yes the panel programming is set to this, maybe I'd better check I haven't accidentally confused RIO 0 and 1 when wiring it, if I had wouldn't this still ring when part set? Off to pull the cover off and check, will report back in 5 mins...

Right going to basics, are you inside the protected area when testing on full set?

Is there a detector in that area?

Everyone including dog is thrown out while testing, I stand in non detector protected porch with Final contact and keypad.

I'm just going to double check wiring, please don't go away, I need to fix this.....

Right going to basics, are you inside the protected area when testing on full set?

Is there a detector in that area?

Oh, I'm an idiot its wired on RIO 1 not 0, so yes the trigger is on SET, I guess this is the issue.....

When I took the cover off the tamper didn't go either, that's not good.

That was it, its working now, thanks for your tip about the outputs, the bell and strobe were on 1011 and 1012, now they are where they should be on 1001 and 1002, can't believe I did that...

Archived