Security Installer Community

Paxton Net2 Tokens / Cards Or Fobs

Also begs the question, if you're not happy with the Paxton system, why do you have it?

Where does it say I am not happy with the system?

All I was asking was, Is there an alternative to using the more expensive Paxton fobs?

I have emailed Paxton, but they have not replied, so I had a look around and found the Wiegand readers and fobs on ebay.

Is everything from China c##p? No... the Majority of consumer electronics are made in China.

Where does it say I am not happy with the system?

All I was asking was, Is there an alternative to using the more expensive Paxton fobs?

I have emailed Paxton, but they have not replied, so I had a look around and found the Wiegand readers and fobs on ebay.

Is everything from China c##p? No... the Majority of consumer electronics are made in China.

So you honestly expected a manufacturer to tell you how to:

a ) bypass using their own products and thus reducing their revenue stream

b ) put their name to advice on using product not certified by them...and cheap, seemingly counterfeit product at that.

Oh, and wanted those in the know to assist you too.

I asked you for pertinent information to try and guide you in the right direction. but hey, you know better.

I might add though. this scenario is a perfect example why we don't bother using said product.

Paxton actually do give advice on using 3rd party equipment with theirs.

Paxton - 3rd Party readers compatible with Net2

I chose not to tell you how many doors, readers, systems or users, as it is not relevant to the question. I did say that I am adding 4 readers and 50 fobs to an existing system.

I assume this is a forum to discuss security systems and related matters, so yes, I was asking "those in the know" to assist me, likewise, if I can offer advice on matters I am proficient, I will do. And, No, I don't know better, thats why I asked.

You seem to think that i'm some newbie, know nothing, Argos home alarm system village idiot. If you have nothing pertinent to say, why post?

Paxton actually do give advice on using 3rd party equipment with theirs.

Paxton - 3rd Party readers compatible with Net2

I chose not to tell you how many doors, readers, systems or users, as it is not relevant to the question. I did say that I am adding 4 readers and 50 fobs to an existing system.

I assume this is a forum to discuss security systems and related matters, so yes, I was asking "those in the know" to assist me, likewise, if I can offer advice on matters I am proficient, I will do. And, No, I don't know better, thats why I asked.

You seem to think that i'm some newbie, know nothing, Argos home alarm system village idiot. If you have nothing pertinent to say, why post?

I make no assumptions on information i'm not in possession of. Only base my replies on what you post and what i already know about systems.

So, now you've finally found the help file you will see that everything you need to know is in there - IF you know what you are talking about.

And i'll ask again - what generic wiegand reader and 26 bit format??

The clue, by the way, is in the question

play nice please

as for answering the question and adding a bit

cant help never used a reader like the one you have posted....but i have replaced a few that failed. Appartly the returns handling in china isnt what w are used to....

but in theory it shoudl work IF the reader outputs the correct stream. if you really want to save cash why not look at magswipe, yes it yas its issues but i bet you they will be less of an issue than the way you are proposing.

As i did say you will need to replace all cards and readers for this to have any chance of working, at a cost of...... then it might all start failing in 3 months who know

Yes some decent stuff is made in china, usually to a spec from a manufacturer, they then put their badge on it etc. The unbranded stuff that comes out might be cos it failed quality control, might be cos it wasnt to spec, might be cas they over produced might be cos the original order fell through. But its not like it has HID on it etc. nor sanyo nor panasonic.

Please dont take this as a dig as it isnt, i have seen so much equipment that looks like the real thing, smelles like the real thing and even works like the real thing...for a bit.

IMO the savings dont justify the risk as a professional installer / service company as what we fit has to work and has to work reliably.

But i do wish you luck and id be curious as to how it goes.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived