Security Installer Community

Sorry - Another Stupid Question From Me - Lol

virdi

Wiring a PIR to a Scantronic 9651

I understand that every PIR (for example) needs 6 wires

2 - For Power

2 - For Tamper

2 - For the Sensor / Switch

.....now I understand what to do with the tamper and power wires when they come back to the panel.

What I'm not sure is - How do I wire the Switch/Sensor wires to the panel.

As - looking at the panel - there are 3 screw holes for 2 zones? (CCT1 and CCT2)

I would have thought that each sesnor or contact would have it's own 2 screw holes or zone?

I know I'm missing something here - lol

So if someone could just explain how I wire these cables that would be great!

Thanks!

Sample pic of a PIR:

puppsvirdi-PIR_Sample.JPG

and here is the panel showing the CCT1 and CCT etc...

puppsvirdi-panel.JPG

One wire from each zone goes in the middle terminal-other from zone 1 goes to LH, other from zone 2 goes RH

ok cool .

But which wire goes in the middle? - or can it be any one - As long as I do the same for all the sensors and contacts?

Yes.

Use the resistors that came with the panel.

Bypassing your system the way you are wiring it is a doddle. (look on amazon - more books on defeating an alarm than fitting one!)

You mean FSL wiring?

That seems even more complicated - lol

Surely - any expert who is going to try and bypass an alarm knows FSL wiring as well??

You mean FSL wiring?

That seems even more complicated - lol

Surely - any expert who is going to try and bypass an alarm knows FSL wiring as well??

well I could say an expert wouldnt be looking at a property with a 9651 but that might appear insulting and not what I'm saying!! lol.

Point I'm making is that kids at school learn enough basics to know a "loop".

A pro knows to keep all wiring "within the protected area" for example whereas DIY, I've seen cables run up the fence to the garage on CC wiring & many other basic mistakes (but this is a public arena - so limited to explain).

Using a fully supervised loop is not as easy to overcome. not by a long shot. AND, the parts are provided so why not fit them. Easier to cable, easier, quicker to connect, less wiring involved, so why not?

(on a 9651 you can get 4 PIR's on a single 8core with FSL, youve only got 8 zones max!)

Archived