Security Installer Community

Radio Fire Alarm

wilks121

..... Sterling has the rights to the hard wired kit, FDP has the rights to the wireless kit....(could be the other way round) ... whoever you purchase from they have to buy in the appropriate kit from the other.... so there is a bit of a gentleman's agreement i believe as they have this symbiotic relationship... allegedly....

We've done the training with both companies......

So which did you find better? I've only dealt with Sterling and found them fairly good.

So which did you find better? I've only dealt with Sterling and found them fairly good.

I think the technical boys at Sterling are good, although I don't believe they are as large a company as they sometimes allow you to believe... Barry Thompson at FDP is basically on his own but has a very good in depth knowledge and understanding of the protocol and seems to have his finger on the pulse a bit more more when it comes to interaction with Kentec and (soon to be Advanced) and hasn't let us down so far.

One tip.... don't ever ever ever use the auto learn feature (Kentec are taking the option out of their software) as it can cause a world of immeasurable pain......

Hi the hyfire range ADI are selling is the Sterling Stuff, we use it and buy directly from sterlings as a notifier dealer we are tied to using notifier panels with a translator unit from notifier(sterling unit badged up) and the detection from sterling they do sell a translator to work with kentec panels now but as esp-protocol says there is a bit of gentlemans agreement about selling there translators direct to people

hope that helps :P

Archived