Security Installer Community

Radio Fire Alarm

wilks121

Will be interesting to see what EMS are going to do about EN54-25 ... and how long they are going to support their existing kit.....

At the moment although the Argus Vega has a few quirks its about the best fully compliant system around at the moment.

This shows I am way behind with this as I didn't even know EMS wasn't fully compliant. cheers ESP

This shows I am way behind with this as I didn't even know EMS wasn't fully compliant. cheers ESP

Well technically they don't comply with EN54-25 for all sorts of technical reasons that they can't remedy with their existing kit... they are therefore in rapid development of a new product but that's unlikely to be in production till nearer the end of the year.

As far as I know EN54-25 doesn't come into full force for a couple of years (but I'm not absolutely sure of that) so they've got a little time.

Well technically they don't comply with EN54-25 for all sorts of technical reasons that they can't remedy with their existing kit... they are therefore in rapid development of a new product but that's unlikely to be in production till nearer the end of the year.

As far as I know EN54-25 doesn't come into full force for a couple of years (but I'm not absolutely sure of that) so they've got a little time.

I have heard that they are concentrating on their detectors and other peripherals and moving away from make panels. So the new kit will work on other manufacturers panels.

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

I have heard that they are concentrating on their detectors and other peripherals and moving away from make panels. So the new kit will work on other manufacturers panels.

That's what I was told .....

I think they intend to demo at Firex... but this format suggests it will be the same sort of kit as the Vega Protocol....

http://www.sterlingsafety.co.uk/ this is the link for the manufacters site yes sorry they havent done a hochiki interface yet was getting dazed and confused !!!!!

This is the Vega protocol i mentioned above.... also available from Fire Detection Products .... we've installed a few of these now.....

What I don't understand is Sterling claim exclusive distributor rights but somebody else is also selling the same kit (FDP), is someone telling pork pies??

..... Sterling has the rights to the hard wired kit, FDP has the rights to the wireless kit....(could be the other way round) ... whoever you purchase from they have to buy in the appropriate kit from the other.... so there is a bit of a gentleman's agreement i believe as they have this symbiotic relationship... allegedly....

We've done the training with both companies......

Archived