Security Installer Community

Vga Monitors For Cctv

justin

Normally only use BNC input monitors on most jobs. On a recent job though we used a customers DELL VGA one, the picture was just as good , better if anything. Thinking now to always use VGA monitors as I believe they are much cheaper. Are they?

The Dell one worked straight away but will I ever come across other makes that won't work?

I mean with PC's, don't you need to install drivers alot of the time? You can't do that with a DVR can you.

I just really like to know if all VGA's will work with all DVR's.

vga monitors are fine but i would always use them on a dvr with a built in VGA port / card. i have always found the VGA converters to be a nightmare

Yer, I'd agree, VGA adaptors not the way to go.

tbo prefer an RG straight to the monitor than a VGA cable. (well do if monitor not stood on top of DVR).

Normally only use BNC input monitors on most jobs. On a recent job though we used a customers DELL VGA one, the picture was just as good , better if anything. Thinking now to always use VGA monitors as I believe they are much cheaper. Are they?

The Dell one worked straight away but will I ever come across other makes that won't work?

I mean with PC's, don't you need to install drivers alot of the time? You can't do that with a DVR can you.

I just really like to know if all VGA's will work with all DVR's.

To echo above, any DVR with a VGA out then no problems. However if you use a composite out and convert it, you can have all sorts of fun.

IMO you cant beat a CRT for setting cameras up, especially in low light.

D

Archived