Security Installer Community

Bell Box Branding

worldsend

Hello All.

I'm busy installing my own Galaxy2 alarm at the mo' and was wondering about bell box branding. I don't work for an installation company, and currently my boxes are blank Honeywell ones.

Most boxes I see around seem to have installer logos on, though I've seen some posts suggesting that some people prefer blanks. What is the primary reason for branding; advertising or to look 'legit'?

Not being a burglar myself, I don't know whether to leave the boxes blank and look like my alarm is a duff, brand with another major company's logo and look like a fraud, or make up my own logo and look like a blagger.

Or does it really not matter all that much, and burglars are too smart or too dumb (your choice!) to care?

Edd.

Some people would argue that a blank box is a DIY job-possibly!, and that a sounder with faded company details is no longer serviced regularly by that or another known company!.

At the end of the day though a visual 'live' box is a deterrent-'Billy Burglar' would rather take his chances on a property with nowt!.

Or

"Taser Security"

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived