Security Installer Community

I-on16

I would just like to say that we fitted our First I-ON16 wireless panel today. We have always walked away from wireless systems but after the Cooper Rep, Karl Parlane (Nrth West) came to our offices and demo'd the panel,We were happy to give it a go.

WOW!!! You guys out there that haven't tried this panel need to pull your fingers out, It was so easy and i was in and out in half the time. The programing is so easy and the keypad tells you exactly what to do. I rang Karl @ 1900hrs and to my surprise got an answer, He was more than happy to run through the programming....NOT because i had made a mistake, But because i thought that i hadn't done it right as it was too easy. Honestly too EASY.

Karl was a gent, He talked through everything, If he is in your area get him in and demo the I-ON16.

I will be fitting the I-ON on all residential fits and recommend it fully, The extra cost was easy to explain to the customer as it truly stands high above any of the other radio kits i have seen.

Sam..

The problem IMO is its old technology, risco and others have been doing this for ages.

They just launched the agility with a true wireless keypad, rather then the limited one the scanny offers. I looked at the scanny as i like the keypad[alot] but the wireless version does not allow you access to engineering ect. so no good IMO. You still need a wired keypad just like all the hybrid gear risco, galaxy ect have been doing for last few years.

The agility is on test at the minute in the office, but if it is as good as it seems then it beats all the wireless gear on the market.

The problem IMO is its old technology, risco and others have been doing this for ages.

They just launched the agility with a true wireless keypad, rather then the limited one the scanny offers. I looked at the scanny as i like the keypad[alot] but the wireless version does not allow you access to engineering ect. so no good IMO. You still need a wired keypad just like all the hybrid gear risco, galaxy ect have been doing for last few years.

The agility is on test at the minute in the office, but if it is as good as it seems then it beats all the wireless gear on the market.

LMAO,

I am new to this site so excuse me for not introducing myself.

I have only been in the intruder game since 1994.

Radio is new to me and i dont really know much about it yet, However you mentioned the Agility, I saw this at the last NACOSS or NSI meeting, Do you really like it???

The look was cheap, However if its as good as you say then i will have a look. Where is it in regards to price? The I-ON was expensive but the quality IMO was worth it. Sorry Just my feelings.

Sam

I am a wireless fan and the Risco equipment is the best out at the moment...not tried the agility but use the 500 series for wireless installs.

I have installed 1 I-on16 and yes it was easy to programme etc but build quality on the detectors is not a touch on the Risco ones.

If you had the I-on16 panel c/w keypad with risco detectors and risco bell then that would be the best on the market at the moment.

!

I am a wireless fan and the Risco equipment is the best out at the moment...not tried the agility but use the 500 series for wireless installs.

I have installed 1 I-on16 and yes it was easy to programme etc but build quality on the detectors is not a touch on the Risco ones.

If you had the I-on16 panel c/w keypad with risco detectors and risco bell then that would be the best on the market at the moment.

LMAO,

I am new to this site so excuse me for not introducing myself.

I have only been in the intruder game since 1994.

Radio is new to me and i dont really know much about it yet, However you mentioned the Agility, I saw this at the last NACOSS or NSI meeting, Do you really like it???

The look was cheap, However if its as good as you say then i will have a look. Where is it in regards to price? The I-ON was expensive but the quality IMO was worth it. Sorry Just my feelings.

Sam

No i just said i did for the crack..............................lol your a plank.

The end station looks cheap but the rest is ok, and i have never had a customer comment on the look of an endstation in a cupboard.

Price, you get that off risco.

Bang on.

Scanny i-on keypad but fully wireless.

Scanny Panel

Risco detection

The scanny detectors look about 10 years old lol

Also i have a 490x that has 6 wireless zones and im waiting on a low battery to come through.....that has been 3 years and all batteries have been tested last week. The Scanny panel would never have a battery life that long.

!

I am intrigued now, I have not seen the detectors from Risco yet, Why are they better if you dont mind me asking? I havent seen thier wireless bell either, But i did fit the Scanny one made by Elmdean i believe, It seems on paper a better bet as the draw on the batts are alot lower than the others, The only prob is that they only make one shape. I found it really easy to install/program and again signal was at the max.

Seems i have a bit to learn my friend.....lol

Oh bad van day there.....

No i just said i did for the crack..............................lol your a plank.

The end station looks cheap but the rest is ok, and i have never had a customer comment on the look of an endstation in a cupboard.

Price, you get that off risco.

Bang on.

Scanny i-on keypad but fully wireless.

Scanny Panel

Risco detection

The scanny detectors look about 10 years old lol

I am intrigued now, I have not seen the detectors from Risco yet, Why are they better if you dont mind me asking? I havent seen thier wireless bell either, But i did fit the Scanny one made by Elmdean i believe, It seems on paper a better bet as the draw on the batts are alot lower than the others, The only prob is that they only make one shape. I found it really easy to install/program and again signal was at the max.

They are just very good, simple as.

They have a new simple back tamper[you need this to comply with en50131] and just do everything they say, with ease.

I am not keen on any wireless bell, but the risco one is ok, i take the board out and put it in our normal dummy bell as i think it looks better.

how many batteries does your scanny bell use out of interest?

Archived