Security Installer Community

Minerva 80

FireComm

I have it on good authority that I can use xp95 heads on a Minerva 80 because its the same protocol,can any wise men out there verify this.This would certainly ease the ridiculous slow position I find myself in regards adt supply of parts,Im familiar with these panels and have the fast access codes but if anyone has or knows where I can get a manual,it would be nice to have something to read.

thanks

I have it on good authority that I can use xp95 heads on a Minerva 80 because its the same protocol,can any wise men out there verify this.This would certainly ease the ridiculous slow position I find myself in regards adt supply of parts,Im familiar with these panels and have the fast access codes but if anyone has or knows where I can get a manual,it would be nice to have something to read.

thanks

I have been on the phone to a couple of ADT engineers they both say the same thing you cannot put anything else on a Minerva 80.

I can pick up a hard copy tomorrow and mail it to you, if you have a better offer let me know.

I have been on the phone to a couple of ADT engineers they both say the same thing you cannot put anything else on a Minerva 80.

I can pick up a hard copy tomorrow and mail it to you, if you have a better offer let me know.

Manuals for a non trade member........ :cold2:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

thanks

XP95's will only run on Apollo protocol and will not run on a Minerva 80 - anyone tells you different tell them the other has bells on.

With regards to slow access to spares this is due to a genuine lack of spares and are being sold on a supply and demand basis,but if you think it's good this year you'll love from 2010 onwards - product support is being withdrawn. This has been notified quite a while back (the 80 has been declared obsolete for over six years now) and you really want to be looking at an upgrade by now.

If you go to the original installer they will happily upgrade the heads and the panel to the MX range but leave in the rest of the field devices.

You will probably find that some of the actual code is the same as ,Apollo going back to S90 with certain software bits were actual in common domain , I think a German guy developed it , however its all the other tweaks that go over the code that makes the actual protocol.

I'm with the lads on this , but why not stick one on the loop for the craic and see what happens , even if it did the manufacturer either way would have no dealings with the system , so you are snookered anyhow.

Thanks for your reply,I thought the same myself, only the person who told me is ex ADT and worked there for years in a technical role, so they should know their stuff.As for the offer of a manual,it would have been nice to have a hard copy ,but it seems that some of the members on here are rather protective of their little worlds, I have been doing this job for 22 years, they have always been there, and they always will be there, lowering the tone. Of course rules are rules and mustnt ever be broken. It is a shame that some people have no input other than to stick their oar in. Thanks again for your help much appreciated, and to the others that gave some positive input.

JOHNSON

XP95's will only run on Apollo protocol and will not run on a Minerva 80 - anyone tells you different tell them the other has bells on.

With regards to slow access to spares this is due to a genuine lack of spares and are being sold on a supply and demand basis,but if you think it's good this year you'll love from 2010 onwards - product support is being withdrawn. This has been notified quite a while back (the 80 has been declared obsolete for over six years now) and you really want to be looking at an upgrade by now.

If you go to the original installer they will happily upgrade the heads and the panel to the MX range but leave in the rest of the field devices.

Yes Id heard about the 2010 date ,but the dya I ever get adt equipment installed to replace adt equipment will be a very dark day indeed,when its obsolete along with all the other panels I care for, it will be replace d by something nice and different,something without out all those adt trappings.thanks again for all your help, I ill definitley be trying it out though ,because it wont be the first time that the impossible has become possible.

As for the offer of a manual,it would have been nice to have a hard copy ,but it seems that some of the members on here are rather protective of their little worlds

As you read the site rules when you joined you will have noticed that this site does not give out Engineer Manuals to non Trade Members.

Apply for Trade Membership, there you will find more information and access to Engineer Manuals

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Thanks for your reply,I thought the same myself, only the person who told me is ex ADT and worked there for years in a technical role, so they should know their stuff.As for the offer of a manual,it would have been nice to have a hard copy ,but it seems that some of the members on here are rather protective of their little worlds, I have been doing this job for 22 years, they have always been there, and they always will be there, lowering the tone. Of course rules are rules and mustnt ever be broken. It is a shame that some people have no input other than to stick their oar in. Thanks again for your help much appreciated, and to the others that gave some positive input.

JOHNSON

What an //.B.W.F.//, if you have been doing the job 20yrs plus then apply for trade.

JOHNSON

Yes Id heard about the 2010 date ,but the dya I ever get adt equipment installed to replace adt equipment will be a very dark day indeed,when its obsolete along with all the other panels I care for, it will be replace d by something nice and different,something without out all those adt trappings.thanks again for all your help, I ill definitley be trying it out though ,because it wont be the first time that the impossible has become possible.

Came, asked for help, got it, asked for something the site rules don't allow then has a go.....

Another one of the 'rules don't apply to me' sort.

Well go elsewhere and be high and mighty if you don't like this sites rules.

Or, as already suggested get trade membership and stop whining.

:bruce_h4h:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived