Security Installer Community

Fire Alarm Installer Qualifications

adpteddy

I am thinking of adding Fire Alarm Installation/Maintainance to my security business but obviously will need to send engineers on courses before I can.

After looking through various web sites it all seems as clear as mud on what courses I need, please can I have some advise on what courses I will need to go on, who are the best people to do courses with and rough costs i am going to encounter.

Many Thanks

Luke.

I am thinking of adding Fire Alarm Installation/Maintainance to my security business but obviously will need to send engineers on courses before I can.

After looking through various web sites it all seems as clear as mud on what courses I need, please can I have some advise on what courses I will need to go on, who are the best people to do courses with and rough costs i am going to encounter.

Many Thanks

Luke.

im intruder and cctv,went on fire course as fire panels seemed less complex than intruder,maybe,but the regs are something else,you need experience not courses for fire systems as a fail to operate between intruder and fire can mean a loss of life as opposed to loss of stock.

im intruder and cctv,went on fire course as fire panels seemed less complex than intruder,maybe,but the regs are something else,you need experience not courses for fire systems as a fail to operate between intruder and fire can mean a loss of life as opposed to loss of stock.

I'd agree with your latter comment but not your former.Certainly a fire panel uses a two core and if you are installing a straight "one out,all out" system then it would be less complex.However,if you have to get into cause and effect programming it's a different kettle of fish!

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone

but can anybody explain me what is the MUST that i need to have (certificate, exam, degree) to install fire alarms and certyfy them so I coud do a complete job from the beginning (projects) to certify them and maintain a ready fit system?

hi everyone

but can anybody explain me what is the MUST that i need to have (certificate, exam, degree) to install fire alarms and certyfy them so I coud do a complete job from the beginning (projects) to certify them and maintain a ready fit system?

Proof of competance through work experience and do the modules offered in the links for the FIA site listed below,starting with module 1.

You don't need a degree unless you really want to prove that you can digest and regurgitate.

Archived