Security Installer Community

Eurosec Cp8l : Low Batt. & Bell Tmp

cypermethrin

OK long story - basically having successfully fitted a replacement PIR on my Eurosec CP8L.

Fire it all up and get Low Batt and Bell Tmp alerts . . . . . and non of the PIRs are active - they have the tamper voltages but only read 0.25V brtween Ov and 12v terminals.

The voltmeter reads the battery at 13.3v - which has left me wandering why its tripping - I know why the bell tamper is activated cause it came disoged when I removed the battery.

So my question is can the be resolved by fitting a new battery - or will I need the Engineers Code to reset the system

Any advice welcome - the orginal install company went out of business let year so I cannot get them to reset the system.

Thanks

Thanks for your kind resonpse

Not so sure - checked both fuses and they both looked in-tact to me

Did not test them on a circuit - but I checked them both visually by eye twice ?

trust him, he knows, you don't. you have blown a fuse.

the fuse may be blown at the edge etc. But check with a meter.

Also remove your 12v connections form the panel and see if your 12v comes back. If so your battery is low and cannot blow the fuse. A lot of cheaper panels dont have psu's powerful enough to blow a fuse without power from the battery.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Well obviously you guys were right ! The 1A fuse on the board was out - replaced and everything is now as it should be. Many thanks.

Just as a matter of interest as the orginal install company is no longer trading - how can I get hold of my Engineer Code ?

You can`t unless someone tells you it.

You`ll need to reboot it and/ or have it unlocked by the manf too.

• 3 months later...

Hi.

Please can someone help me. I have the exact same problem and my 1A fuse had blow too. I replaced it but it just keeps on blowing the fuse!!

Does anyone know why it does this and why it still says low batt. The battery is fine and so is the voltage to it etc.

Any answers?

Thanks

Dan

Archived