Security Installer Community

Honeywell Gen 4 Accenta With Lcd Keypad

finchee2000

Hi, I have just installed this system. I have a magnetic contact on the front door which is zone 1 timed. Also in the hall where the keypad is I have a PIR on zone 2 which is inhibit. When i set the panel 'Setting Fault 2:Hall' is displayed on the LCD keypad with a warning tone. The panel does eventually set. Is this normal or is the inhibit not functioning correctly? I have also tried setting the hall PIR to timed as well but with the same result. This is a bit confusing.

Many Thanks

its just letting you know the circuit is active if you keep still and ensure the light is out before arming then it wont do it. Its basically letting you know a sensor is in alarm, it may be you, it may be someone in the lounge etc. The inhibit function is for when disarming.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks redbull. Yes the PIR is picking me as Im setting the panel as you say, but the manual states 'that the inhibit zone which, on setting the panel, allows access to the entry/exit zone. I just wasn't expecting a setting fault to come up. I've even tried switching off the door contact and putting the hall PIR onto timed but the setting fault 2:hall still comes up. As you say this is normal operation?

cheers

Thanks redbull. Yes the PIR is picking me as Im setting the panel as you say, but the manual states 'that the inhibit zone which, on setting the panel, allows access to the entry/exit zone. I just wasn't expecting a setting fault to come up. I've even tried switching off the door contact and putting the hall PIR onto timed but the setting fault 2:hall still comes up. As you say this is normal operation?

cheers

Yes it is perfectly normal, you will find that the front door will display a similar fault if you try to set the system while it's open.

The inhibit function really only comes in to play on entry (not exit) whereby if the front door is opened first the PIR is inhibited.

If the PIR is triggered before the front door is opened (as it would be if an intruder entered through a window) the alarm would activate instantly.

From your description nothing is wrong.

Thanks. Just to clarify though what the inhibit setting does on the hall (zone 2) PIR. On entry through the door (zone 1) which is timed, inhibit on the hall PIR prevents the alarm from going off on entry?

cheers

lawandorder explains it very well >>>

"Yes it is perfectly normal, you will find that the front door will display a similar fault if you try to set the system while it's open.

The inhibit function really only comes in to play on entry (not exit) whereby if the front door is opened first the PIR is inhibited.

If the PIR is triggered before the front door is opened (as it would be if an intruder entered through a window) the alarm would activate instantly."

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

On entry through the door (zone 1) which is timed, does inhibit on the hall PIR prevent the alarm from going off on entry?

no - the alarm will sound at the end of the entry time. Inhibit just means the hall detector will be ignored IF as is your case the door is opened first

no - the alarm will sound at the end of the entry time. Inhibit just means the hall detector will be ignored IF as is your case the door is opened first

In an effort to clariy this further:

When the alarm is set your front door will trigger the alarm but only once the entry time has expired.

During the entry time the PIR will be ignored.

If the PIR is activated before the door is opened the system will activate immediately.

Archived