Security Installer Community

Bosch/plena Pa System Help

DAVE IN KENT

Afternoon guys

I was hoping that one of you lot out there would have installed one of these plena LBB 1990/00 vas systems. my main concern is that i am putting 12 speakers in and i am assuming that each speaker only requires two core's of a cable and does that cable need to be anything special or can i use normal 8 core . Does it need to be wired as a star system or can it be wired in a daisy chain scenario. Any advice or experiances you have of installing these systems plus any installation manuals would be very helpfull. i pride myself on doing a good job and don't want to balls it up.

Thanks

David

NSI GOLD

BASED IN KENT

INTRUDER,ACCESS CONTROL,CCTV,FIRE

We use 2 core .75mm cable wired in parallel, as has been said the line is 100v, local tapping of the speakers transformer will give you the wattage required at each location (obviously not exceeding the output of the amp)

We use 2 core .75mm cable wired in parallel, as has been said the line is 100v, local tapping of the speakers transformer will give you the wattage required at each location (obviously not exceeding the output of the amp)

We use an 18 AWG Belden type twin, but the priciples the same, as said dont exceed the uotput of the amp, but I wouldnt go too much below it either, some clown WILL turn it up full one day, a line tranny will go short, then the amp will possibly blow up, expensive to put right.

Best using 'West Penn' cable, available from gardiners. It's mains rated and twisted so less susceptible to interference. It's also easy to work with and comes on plastic 200m drums.

What kind of interference do you get on a low impeadence cable carrying 100V AC ? more likely to be the other way around, which is why we use it instead of mains flex.

Not sure what you mean by Wesp Penn, belden type we use ( 18 guage twisted pair ) is available from Gardiners, but MUCH cheaper at cable suppliers, probably the same stuff.

Archived