Security Installer Community

Dead Bell Box ?

wizard

hi again,

the black wire from sound bomb is going to 0v on the sab panel , is this the negative feed ?

should i then connect the red wire to the bell output on the sab ?

it doesnt say + or - on the bell connection on the sab panel,

can this cause any damage if i am wrong ?

and for the dialler, is the trigger wire correct in being wired to ov on the sab panel also or should i move it to the alarm connection on the communicator interface or somewhere else ?

hi wizards,

for accuracy, it would really help to post the make and model of your alarm panel as well as your dialler model as i've not seen that mentiones so far.

as Gus says, the soundbomb is nothing special, you just need 12 volts to make a deafenning noise, much the same as a door bell (but with DC Voltage obviously :rolleyes: ).

the voice dialler will need 12 volts constantly, it should be fairly obvious where that go's. to make it operate you need to take a trigger input which usually high or not connected to Low voltage i.e. negative (-), some panels offer 12 volt positive switched output to the bell and most voice diallers can be programmed in their software or a link is moved on the pcb to suit the panel being used.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

thanks again guys,

think i may have it now !

hopefully anyway,

red from soundbomb to 12v constant on sab

black from soundbomb to bell output on sab panel,

dialler blue wire (trigger) to bell on sab panel also,

is it ok to have external bell, soundbomb and dialler triggered from the bell connection on the sab ?

and its a veritas excel panel,

4 piezo soundbomb from lynteck

and an odyssey 3 bell box.

thanks again guys,

i know its not easy for you trying to explain to a newbie dope like me,

i do appreciate it

job done guys,

used bell on sab to trigger dialler and sound bomb,

working perfectly now,

well apart from dialler refusing to send text messages but i can live with that !

unless anyone has any ideas for me ?

thank you so so much guys,

your help has been invaluable to me.

job done guys,

used bell on sab to trigger dialler and sound bomb,

working perfectly now,

well apart from dialler refusing to send text messages but i can live with that !

unless anyone has any ideas for me ?

thank you so so much guys,

your help has been invaluable to me.

I have never used a speech dialler for sending texts but my understanding is that messages have to be sent via a third party SMS provider, in other words I don't think it's as easy as programming your mobile number in to the dialler.

The fact that you have got it triggering properly suggests that it is a programing issue but hopefull someone with more experince will be able to provide a more complete answer.

Congratulations on fixing the other issues by the way!

Have you got broadband?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I have never used a speech dialler for sending texts but my understanding is that messages have to be sent via a third party SMS provider, in other words I don't think it's as easy as programming your mobile number in to the dialler.

The fact that you have got it triggering properly suggests that it is a programing issue but hopefull someone with more experince will be able to provide a more complete answer.

Congratulations on fixing the other issues by the way!

as above Wizard,

i've not used the text option on a dialer but i beleive from previous posts threre are compatibility issues with the Orange network

regs

alan

hi again guys,

as i understand it i need to set my landline providers sms centre number on the dialler,

when alarm is triggered it then sends the text alert on to my provider and its forwarded onto the mobile phone,

same as using your house phone to send an sms message,

i do have broadband in my house,

when i test the dialler sending a text it sounds as though the dialler rings the sms centre but then cant communicate ,

sounds like an engaged tone ?

its a texecom speech/text dialler.

i dont have a broadband filter connected to the dialler ,

maybe this could be the issue ?

hi again guys,

as i understand it i need to set my landline providers sms centre number on the dialler,

when alarm is triggered it then sends the text alert on to my provider and its forwarded onto the mobile phone,

same as using your house phone to send an sms message,

i do have broadband in my house,

when i test the dialler sending a text it sounds as though the dialler rings the sms centre but then cant communicate ,

sounds like an engaged tone ?

its a texecom speech/text dialler.

i dont have a broadband filter connected to the dialler ,

maybe this could be the issue ?

hi wizard,

it won't hurt to try one out, usually the only effect of having no filter i found is if it dials you will loose your broadband connection until it shuts down.

but then at that stage you not likely to be home to use it, mind you could be a real sod if your using 'go to my pc' at the time for a big presentation :lol:

you could try doing an sms from your bt handset without a filter to se what happens.

regs

alan

That speech/text dialler defaults to txting using O2, if you have changed the provider then you may need to change the protocol so that the other end can recognise a valid SMS coming in and I assume then handshake and communicate-page 23 of the guide. Also do you need a '9' or somat on your line to initiate an outside call?.

"as i understand it i need to set my landline providers sms centre number on the dialler"

I'd confirm that!.

Richard.

Archived