Security Installer Community

Norton Anti Virus

fertilebert

I recently downloaded the new firefox browser expecting it to be much better , however not really happy with it i decided to delete it and go back to internet explorer.

Any way, now when i turn on my pc the norton icon in my tray has a red cross instead of the usual green tick.

Apparently the phishing protection isn't turned on , and although this can easily be fixed by clicking "fix now" it is getting on my nerves! :realmad:

I have spent 2 hrs trolling about my pc trying to find which settings i have inadvertantly changed but to no avail.

Can any one throw any light???

cheers Rob.

I recently downloaded the new firefox browser expecting it to be much better , however not really happy with it i decided to delete it and go back to internet explorer.

Any way, now when i turn on my pc the norton icon in my tray has a red cross instead of the usual green tick.

Apparently the phishing protection isn't turned on , and although this can easily be fixed by clicking "fix now" it is getting on my nerves! :realmad:

I have spent 2 hrs trolling about my pc trying to find which settings i have inadvertantly changed but to no avail.

Can any one throw any light???

cheers Rob.

Recycle bin. Best place for Norton.

I hate Norton, it inbeds itself into everything and is a nightmare to get rid of. Still voted no. 1 piece of software in Vista mag though??

Voted by who though. Peeps who don't know any better or journo's wanting to keep in with Symantec.

i dont agree (what a suprise) i think the product has just become a consumer product over the years (ie easy to getting running, as opposed to get running right)

We ran for many years with much success symantec corporate av server on our network and i loved it. Granted we dont use it now but only because when we came to renew it i didnt understand all the options so i went with sophos.

I wouldnt recommend norton on the desktop to anyone who had a clue about av, but for those with no clue just wanting an av solotion then IMO norton is fine. The better products those people dont understand unfortuntaly and end up with a misconfigured product that they have probably disabled.

I had a friend who found they had a virus (no protection at all) so bought norton, but after they installed it, they found the machine was slower and kept popping warnings up.... so they uninstalled norton.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i dont agree (what a suprise) i think the product has just become a consumer product over the years (ie easy to getting running, as opposed to get running right)

We ran for many years with much success symantec corporate av server on our network and i loved it. Granted we dont use it now but only because when we came to renew it i didnt understand all the options so i went with sophos.

I wouldnt recommend norton on the desktop to anyone who had a clue about av, but for those with no clue just wanting an av solotion then IMO norton is fine. The better products those people dont understand unfortuntaly and end up with a misconfigured product that they have probably disabled.

I had a friend who found they had a virus (no protection at all) so bought norton, but after they installed it, they found the machine was slower and kept popping warnings up.... so they uninstalled norton.

You're just being argumentative now. :yes:

It's Sh*t. Almost a virus in its own right. A nightmare product.

Archived