Security Installer Community

Sl Compact Tamper

grumpy

hi.

my sl compact system has started setting off the tamper warning on the control pad,it dosnt show a zone,only the tamper light and the sounder,i can reset it without any problem and it might be okay again for an hour or a day or a week,you just dont know when it will go off again.

the engineer who fitted the system is stumped with it,he has been very helpful and came round and looped the tamper circuits at the main box to rule out the cables and tamper switches by keeping the tamper circuits closed,he reckons its got to be a fault on the mainboard now as it still goes off whenever it tates the notion.

any ideas you tech guys.???

hi.

my sl compact system has started setting off the tamper warning on the control pad,it dosnt show a zone,only the tamper light and the sounder,i can reset it without any problem and it might be okay again for an hour or a day or a week,you just dont know when it will go off again.

the engineer who fitted the system is stumped with it,he has been very helpful and came round and looped the tamper circuits at the main box to rule out the cables and tamper switches by keeping the tamper circuits closed,he reckons its got to be a fault on the mainboard now as it still goes off whenever it tates the notion.

any ideas you tech guys.???

Has he isolated all of the tamper circuits inluding the external sounder?

If so I think it must be a panel fault (not that I have ever heard of an SL compact).

Oh I see, it's basically an Optima, I'm so out of touch!

As above then, if the engineer has disconnected all the tampers then it really must be a panel problem but has he linked out the bell tamper?

If not then that would be my first point of call, panels in general either work or they don't, an intermiitent tamper problem is more likely to be the caused by wiring or a connected device (particualry an external sounder) in my experience.

When it activates does the external sound or just the internal?

Archived