Security Installer Community

Bell Box Not Triggering

phil-h44

I've read both the manual and the user guide over & over but can't find anything at all relating to disabling the ext bell. The only bell delay is when in the 2ply mode which gives a 30sec delay between the internal & external sounders... I have tried this & waited for double the 30secs.. no bell. I have also disabled this feature and tried it again.. no bell.

I have linked out each zone in turn with a test between each one, linked them all out one after the other, linked out the AT, progressively removed all the PIR feeds one at a time. Tried with mains power on & off, with the Battery on & off, and everything else that I and the fellas on here could think of.. without a result.

Phil.

Try programming a zone as PA then trigger it when unset, if that works it is very unlikely to be a faulty panel.

Have you tried option 53 yet?

Try programming a zone as PA then trigger it when unset, if that works it is very unlikely to be a faulty panel.

Have you tried option 53 yet?

I've tried setting the 1&3 keys operated together as the PA and that still only triggers the internal sounder.

Yes I have set option 53 to a full alarm state but I have carried out most of my tests by triggering from from either the Tamper or the Full Set. I have gone back to using all the default settings, reconnected zones one at a time, swapped entry, exit times and bell duration settings. I've had it on a couple of the settings on auto re-arm, used different zones, linked unused zones or used the "zones not used" command.

I will try the Zone-6 as PA command in the morning now. (our disabled son has just gone to bed so not a good idea to carry on tonight).. I've been at this all day too so perhaps a fresh look in the morning may clear my thoughts.

The voltage across 12v & Bell or 12v & strobe in alarm state is never more than 1.64 no matter how the unit is set up or triggered.

This panel is behaving exactly as the first one did although I have carried out much more extensive tests on this one..

Many thanks to all.... A great forum

Phil.

does the 9448+ have fuses?

meter out for shorts between the 12v and trigger cores.

As noted earlier, all the fuses (3) are Ok and all the cabling cores check out OK too. The Bell test works fine which it wouldn't do if the cores were duff. On the first 9448+ I ran temp cabling between the Panel and the Ext Sounder... to no avail.

To be honest Phil44 if it works when doing a bell test but not when you activate a PA (or anything else) it really must be the panel. Unusual to have two in a row but I really can't think of anything else.

Thanks Lawandorder.. I have to accept that view too.

A thought did cross my mind that there may be an incompatibility issue between the 9448 and the Odyssey 1E bell box but I laid that to rest when the Bell tests worked OK.

Best regards..... Phil.

Guest anguscanplay
As noted earlier, all the fuses (3) are Ok and all the cabling cores check out OK too. The Bell test works fine which it wouldn't do if the cores were duff. On the first 9448+ I ran temp cabling between the Panel and the Ext Sounder... to no avail.

Thanks Lawandorder.. I have to accept that view too.

A thought did cross my mind that there may be an incompatibility issue between the 9448 and the Odyssey 1E bell box but I laid that to rest when the Bell tests worked OK.

Best regards..... Phil.

quick question, bear with me - is there not a timer link that needs setting on the bellbox PCB (3secs / 5mins / 10 mins etc)

this caught me out on a W/E special the other day (ie yeah I`ll do it you Saturday for cash..............) literaly I the same, because the link was set for 3secs the bell worked on test but by the time I`d triggered the system and walked outside it had stopped ?

quick question, bear with me - is there not a timer link that needs setting on the bellbox PCB (3secs / 5mins / 10 mins etc)

this caught me out on a W/E special the other day (ie yeah I`ll do it you Saturday for cash..............) literaly I the same, because the link was set for 3secs the bell worked on test but by the time I`d triggered the system and walked outside it had stopped ?

There's no mention of it in the bellbox installation manual.. in fact it says that the bell will operate for 15mins unless the panel is set for longer, in which case it will follow whichever is the shorter setting.

Thanks for the effort though....... Phil.

Guest anguscanplay
There's no mention of it in the bellbox installation manual.. in fact it says that the bell will operate for 20mins unless the panel is set for longer, in which case it will follow the panel setting.

Thanks for the effort though....... Phil.

IS THERE A LINK THOUGH? - it didnt read correctly when I fitted it, mentions timer for engineer hold off for fitting the SAB not ring time, thats why it was left at 3secs first time round.

IS THERE A LINK THOUGH? - it didnt read correctly when I fitted it, mentions timer for engineer hold off for fitting the SAB not ring time, thats why it was left at 3secs first time round.

No there is no link.. the times as above are the sounder cut off times... not the engineer hold off times

Phil.

Guest anguscanplay
No there is no link.. the times as above are the sounder cut off times... not the engineer hold off times

Phil.

so how`d you alter the times?

theres a link on the sounder pcb, have a look tommorow in the light

Archived