Security Installer Community

Any Advice ?

Price can be an issue but it very much depends on your market.

I would never try to sell into the 200 quid domestic market it's just not worth it.

If you are good at your job you get work by personal recommendation then half of your prospects don't even get a second quote and even if they do they would rather spend an extra 50-100 quid having the job done by somebody who they feel confident in than some stranger who happens to be a bit cheaper.

That's my experince anyway, obviousy you won't get every job you quote for but I can honestly say that when I was trading (small AISC as it was then company) I got won more than 96% of my domestic quotes and I wasn't the cheapest.

If price was everything BMW would be out of business, in times of depression their sales figures are probably less affected than Skoda's!

Your market is dictated by your history. Starting from scratch you have no customers to recommend you. 96% of 0 = 0

People choose their new car for lots of reasons including prestige. New cars come from main dealers, you cant buy a new car cheaper from a mechanic working for a garage i.e. private jobs. Whilst BMW might not suffer their dealerships do and they have a customer base of many years. And who's thinking of starting up a dealership in any denomination at the mo?

If you want to compare IAS with another industry more apt, try insurance. Who goes bragging about their with Lloyds of London, or how expensive their policy was. No, they brag about how cheap they got it. The prolification of price compare websites shows what people really think, afterall these sites do give cheaper options, but none give the full policy details, so people buy blind, there're not bothered until they make a claim........

That leaves you in the

• 1 month later...

hi im andy

i started out 18 months ago and in the first year i made profit but here in scotland is diferent to england you have a bigger scope but hey dont let any one chuck marbles at you if its your intention to ride with the big boys then do it i did and dont regret it i dont know every thing but hey who does

is that not why we have these forums lol

andy

Archived