Security Installer Community

Galaxy 8 Problem

TheGovernor

Hello all,

Was having my birthday breakfast this morning when suddenly without warning the internal bleeper started going off on my Galaxy 8.

I typed my unset code in but nothing happened, eventually I pressed escape and it stopped.

Now I have a rapidly flashing LED and asterisks' flashing across the screen.

It won't respond to any keypresses (except to beep at me) my set/unset code doesn't work, interestingly neither does the engineer code.

Just wondered if anyone could offer some advice? :unsure:

Hello all,

Was having my birthday breakfast this morning when suddenly without warning the internal bleeper started going off on my Galaxy 8.

I typed my unset code in but nothing happened, eventually I pressed escape and it stopped.

It won't respond to any keypresses (except to beep at me) my set/unset code doesn't work, interestingly neither does the engineer code.

Sounds like a data problem you will need to call an engineer. I would leave it untill tomorrow though and enjoy your birthday.

how did you get on with the part set issue?

did you get a manual?

have you serviced the system or had back up batteries changed?

C.

Hi Chorlton,

I got the part set issue sorted, once I had the engineer code and a little bit of guidance I was away.

I replaced the battery about 2 months ago as I was getting the flashing LED signifying battery failure and it's been fine since, so this mornings event was quite unexpected!

Hello all,

A line of *********s on the RKP = No Communication on A B Line, possibly faulty PCB

Last time I had that problem it was a new Control panel PCB, someone had been 'playing' inside the control panel!

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Hi Chorlton,

I got the part set issue sorted, once I had the engineer code and a little bit of guidance I was away.

I replaced the battery about 2 months ago as I was getting the flashing LED signifying battery failure and it's been fine since, so this mornings event was quite unexpected!

That sucks.

Looks like dispite your best endevours it's gone pop.

C.

Well in the meantime out of desperation (and the need to retain my hearing!) I went in the loft and disconnected the mains and the battery in the panel which then made the alarm on the front of the house start going off!

When I then reconnected the power and battery it stopped and I was able to log in as the Engineer and it's all back to normal again.

But I guess I need to take this as a warning, I need to try and suss out either what caused it in the first place, or find a way to disable it compleltely while I diagnose it as I won't be popular withthe neighbours otherwise if it goes at night.

I've got a Programming manaul so it looks like my birthday is now trying to pick out the settings I need to stop it tripping out all the time! :(

Archived