Security Installer Community

Ade Optima Compact

Hi i have the above alarm and the external bell box / sounder keeps going off intermittently for about 10-15 seconds and sounding like a sick duck.

When it goes off the alarm panel is still showing DAY mode but the key pad is flashing ever so slightly only noticeable tonight in the dark.

I would be happy right now just to turn off the whole thing if i cant stop it sounding

It does not sound in the house just external and does not sound normal as the alarm would its as i said earlier best described as a sick duck.

Regards and Help

Karen

Hi i have the above alarm and the external bell box / sounder keeps going off intermittently for about 10-15 seconds and sounding like a sick duck.

When it goes off the alarm panel is still showing DAY mode but the key pad is flashing ever so slightly only noticeable tonight in the dark.

I would be happy right now just to turn off the whole thing if i cant stop it sounding

It does not sound in the house just external and does not sound normal as the alarm would its as i said earlier best described as a sick duck.

Regards and Help

Karen

Hi

The bell/sounder module may have got wet with all the rain we have been having and the rain may be causing the external module to short circuit with a high resistance which may be why the main panel is not picking up a tamper fault. The only way you will stop it is to get the ladders out and disconnect it at the bell/sounder box assuming it has been installed in a professional manner. I have also seen slugs and other creatures taking refuge from bad weather causing similar effects within the sounders of certain manufactures. A good clean out and spraying with a water repellent like wd40 or wax oil has been known to cure the intermitent soundings depending how bad any corrosion has been caused.

Best wishes

Vince

The keypad flashing may just be a co-incidence and because of your problem with the alarm going off you have payed closer attention to the keypad than you would normally.

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

• 1 month later...

Archived