Security Installer Community

Wire Apir Into A Scantronic Panel !

mjordan

HAVE A SCAN/CPR 55 PANEL 9751,

WIRING 3 WIRED HONEYWELL PIR's, WITH 6 WIRES, INTO THIS AND STUCK!

2 WIRES FOR THE GLOBAL TAMPER

2 WIRES TO THE 12V/0V PWR

2 WIRES LEFT.

PANEL HAS - ZONE 1 INPUT, THEN MIDDLE INPUT, THEN ZONE 2 INPUT, THEN MIDDLE INPUT THEN ZONE 3 INPUT THEN MIDDLE INPUT THEN ZONE 4.................

I HAVE 2 WIRES LEFT, ONE FOR THE ZONE, WHERE DO YOU PUT THE 2ND WIRE ? DOES IT GO IN THE MIDDLE, ALONG WITH THE WIRE FOR THE MIDDLE ZONE FOR THE SECOND PIR ?

thx

id turn your caps lock off as it appears your shouting but

the middle connector is to source for both zones adjacent

so

1 0 2

connect zone 1 between 1 and middle (0) and connect 2 to middle (0) and 2

but your panel is an eol panel so it will require resistors. (well i assume so i dont know scantronic as never installed one)

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

4k7 across the alarm circuit, then 2k2 in series to the tamper..with the two return wire to the control panel, as Redbull says

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

You can prog panel to do 4 wire ccl avoiding use of resistors (not recommended but many do)

Also I would suggest instead of using global tamper and as your only using 3 zones, wire the tampers of each detector as zone 4, 5, & 6. Prog these zones as 24hr. that way if there is a tamper problem the keypad will tell you which one is faulty. (obviously no need if you are using resistors!)

Archived