Security Installer Community

Galaxy 16+ Debounce Time.

kensplace

Cant see any mention of it in the manuals, wondering if there is a way to decrease the debounce time for the panel to register a new state on a zone from the 300ms down to something a bit faster.

The walk test is capable of 50ms operation, but normal running is really slow.

If its not possible on the 16+ is it possible on the others (galaxy 18,60,500 etc) as I may swap to one of those later on.

No major reason, as its incredibly unlikely to happen, but just wanted to reduce the time it takes to register something happening, as not all the wire is concealed and 300ms could well be long enough for someone to do some tampering without it registering. (if they had plenty of time available to do what is needed, but highly unlikely anyone capable would be in a position to be tampering with the wires, but you never know...) If it was a simple setting I would just lower the time so there would be no chance of it ever occuring.

No major reason, as its incredibly unlikely to happen, but just wanted to reduce the time it takes to register something happening, as not all the wire is concealed and 300ms could well be long enough for someone to do some tampering without it registering. (if they had plenty of time available to do what is needed, but highly unlikely anyone capable would be in a position to be tampering with the wires, but you never know...) If it was a simple setting I would just lower the time so there would be no chance of it ever occuring.

only if superman has turned to the dark side

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

well ken you have a couple of issues

1 is that 300ms is the fastest response time you should use, as spikes etc can cause nuisance trips below that.

2 is that you have cables outside the protected area.

If i were you id move the cables, and 'if' someone had access to the cables, new the panel 'and' had enough time then setting its 50ms wouldnt help would it?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Just did a quick test of the idea, and I could get round a wired up test zone (just a eol'd keyswitch) in less than 300ms (obviously the prep work takes longer than that! Used the star key function to show status of the zones and it did not show any problems - all stayed normal as though nothing had been touched and nothing activated (before, during the alteration and after it was done, and after turning key....)

The stuff done to the cable would obviously be visible and get spotted in time, but if it occured somewhere not checked often then it could get missed before setting an alarm, and then someone could get in....

50ms would make it a lot harder but probably still not impossible for someone to get around, just a lot, lot harder. The current 300ms does not require special tools or fancy electrics, just stuff easy to get hold of.

Doubt it would be a problem in my case (but would be nice to eliminate any possibility) as its only a low risk residential house, and no one is likely to be in around the wires for a long time who knows how to do that sort of thing and who would have a reason to anyway...

Protecting the cables as mentioned would solve the problem, so I guess I can just forget about it for now as the risk is so low in my case. Worth bearing in mind if higher risk though, and a run of cable is accessible in a location not viewed often.

Archived