Security Installer Community

Marine Alarms

john@total

Hi

Has anybody ever fitted an intruder system on a catermaran before.

Just received a spec through what the owner requires

Panel should be 9 zones

User to be able to set circuits indipendantly

3 types of alarm:

1/ Siren, floodlights & sms message

2/ floodlights

3/ bells only

floodlights should be stainless steel

sensors should look smart and small

setting is to be simple

sensors can be wired or wireless

As this is something i have never quoted before, so i would like to hear from anyone who has installed systems in a

marine enviroment. If the tender is acpected then the job is for the 3rd week in september and the install will

take place in Genoa Italy. :punk:

Hi

Has anybody ever fitted an intruder system on a catermaran before.

Just received a spec through what the owner requires

Panel should be 9 zones

User to be able to set circuits indipendantly

3 types of alarm:

1/ Siren, floodlights & sms message

2/ floodlights

3/ bells only

floodlights should be stainless steel

sensors should look smart and small

setting is to be simple

sensors can be wired or wireless

As this is something i have never quoted before, so i would like to hear from anyone who has installed systems in a

marine enviroment. If the tender is acpected then the job is for the 3rd week in september and the install will

take place in Genoa Italy. :punk:

not actually installed one on a boat that was fre standing, but have quoted a few,

1st thing to point out is sea water area's are highly corrosive enviorments, as example i have door entry systems with front panels facing the sea on blocks of flats, that suffer far more failures to voice units and buttons, even VR ones due to corrosion than anywhere else - and thats on land, so what ever you fit needs to be carefully sealed.

your power source is the next big issue, you might be able to use solar panel/s, but you will need to us very low power consumption kit so radio detectors and contacts (i'll quote to do the servicing 1 x pa in august if you like ;) ), and caravan systems come to mind, i don't know of any 9 zone caravan alarms though.

gsm dialer might be a good option to offer, as on alarm out it could then be used to trigger the light remotely. you have to be careful here as a flat battery due to false alarms would not be best pleasing, yet i wonder the value of a 'siren only' when the boat is mored off shore, but you could fit a water proof master blaster as an outboard so the boat could 'run away' from the thieves :lol:.

might be an idea to contact a few boat builders and chandlers to ask for suppliers of this type of kit, and also about the lamp.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived