Security Installer Community

Chat Room Opened!

Arf

It is lightly moderated but abuse can be reported and if necesary action cavn be taken. Dont think there has ever been a report. Its a part of the forum for those that want to use it. i do have to agree with ox here.

Afaik thete isnt a problem in chat.

just airing my pov as one of the members,

i thought that was what was being asked for, given chat room is not being taken up much? and i can't keep JP waitng - that would be plain rude :banned: .

so did i say to anyone don't do it did i? no i don't quit think so, just i don't personally enjoy the format and why, who knows, perhaps having a 'safe from arfur' zone has its merits :)

btw, i don't use face book (just have an account for viewing family stuff), or twitter, messenger etc. or any other social instant messaging facilities, i only text begrudgingly as just not my cup of Ovaltine er tea.

perhpas i'm just a grumpy old man but i hate it when you log on just to check mail and 10 messages come in "how are you?", what you doing and so on, just drives me 'kin nutts.

i'm a member of several other forums for other interests (outside this trade), so just personally prefer the fomat of place comment, concider, respond, discuss/pick the bones.

its not just info, we often see for instance Normans witheringly funny posts, his 'christ on a bike' comment made at me just had me falling about for hours, so no less funny in a thread and more get the chance to see comment funny or nfo in a post.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

just airing my pov as one of the members

.....so did i say to anyone don't do it did i? no i don't quit think so, just i don't personally enjoy the format......

Arfur

Hi Alan,how are you and what you up to?..............

I'd have to say that I strongly disagree with your initial opinion on the chatroom - no gets flamed and it generally is an area where you can actually whitter on about nothing in particular to do with the trade without going off topic and cluttering up other members "New Post" directory,however if as you say it isn't your cup of tea in general then that's different.

There are those who do log in,see who's there then log back out again - maybe they don't like who's in the room at the time (and taking that it's usually the same 4 suspects then we'll take from that what we will :P !!)

just airing my pov as one of the members

And i welcome it.

But so were others including myself.

A pov is just that, as we know not everyones is the same.

Currently i dont see or know of an issue with chat, as such i dont see why anything needs to be changed.

Obviously that may change and if it does we (the mods and me) will have to discuss it.

To add id agree with cerb. There are members that like the format and use it, there are also those that dont, that dont use it

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived