Security Installer Community

Wired & Wireless

Hi,

Is there an alarm which can have wired PIR etc in the house and a wireless PIR in the garage?

Thanks,

Phil

Scantronic 9751 with 9960 radio expander among others. Might need aerial depending on distance and site conditions.

As far as I can remember the Visonic PowerMax+ has a hard wired zone as well as the wireless zones.

Again, you may need a repeater depending on signal strength from garage to panel.

Edit: Ah, re-reading your post, you are gonna need more than just a couple of hard wired zones, so forget what I said.

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

Galaxy/Honeywell would probably be too expensive as you need to buy the wireless rio portal aswell as the radio/wireless pir/s,would it not be just as easy/cheap to put a psu and wireless thrust (i think they're called) transmitter they usually have 2 channels (one for 12 and the other for 24 hour if you want) the ones i've seen, then just put the receiver in a suitablely easy place to wire to in the main building.

Unless the garage has no power then scrap this idea.

Trade Member

cpx panel / hybrid systerm........very good value....nothing more to say.....run wire where you can get them, use wireless where you can not....think with the right permutations this could be a 26 zone panel (i think)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

cpx panel / hybrid systerm........very good value....nothing more to say.....run wire where you can get them, use wireless where you can not....think with the right permutations this could be a 26 zone panel (i think)

agreed,

as its a self fit diy system, you might as well go full radio or you will have bought ther receiver just for one detector, so a bit wastful, using radio makes for easy quick fitting but restricts the type of detector to IR only (can't have duel tec).

garage's tend to be draughty and prone to birds etc causing fales alarms, so might be best to go with a pet tollerant detector or simply use surface door contacts if you have no glass area's,

just change the radio batts every year - like you religiously do with your smoke detectors.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

1 detector and a key fob,,, :whistle: or two..don't forget the wife. :rolleyes:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived