Security Installer Community

Did You Know?

It also depends on the type of camera used. Chatting to some of the guys at the IP in action etc etc they were showcasing the various multi lane systems.

To be honest, I can understand the point about getting somewhere in a hurry etc. But do you really want to be crossing 2 / 3 lanes just at the moment when you are caning it and everyone else is slowing down.

(I think you all watched too many chase scenes in the movies when you were young ;) )

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Dear All,

Did you know that with average speed cameras if you change lane between 2 of them it does not pick you up as it is only the 2 on 1 side that are connected !!!

Something for you guys to remember if you need to get somewhere quick without being caught !

cheers

Rather than take the risk, Isn't it just easier to just stick to the speed limit?

Technical Manager

NSI/LPC Approved Alarm Receiving Centre

South Manchester

Rather than take the risk, Isn't it just easier to just stick to the speed limit?

i agree it just isnt worth the risk of loosing your license!

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

I guess we're not all as perfect as you eh ! I dont speed as a matter of course, but........

A momentary lapse in concentration = 4 points.

3 of em over 4 years = out of work,

and if your self employed, all sorts of other problems. Just so that a local council - sorry, Safety Camera Partnership - can gain a few quid. I dont believe for one minute that 90% of speed trap cameras are inteneded for anything other than gaining revenue.

In my book, its my duty to protect my licence and therefore my livelyhood any way I legally can.

I am not perfect by a long way and my post was aimed at average speed camera's.

My employer paid for ALL staff using a company vehicle to take there advanced driving test. I really didn't want to do my driving test again as most people don't but thought what the heck. It was the best thing I ever did. Your attitude/outlook to driving changes significantly.

Technical Manager

NSI/LPC Approved Alarm Receiving Centre

South Manchester

I am not perfect by a long way and my post was aimed at average speed camera's.

My employer paid for ALL staff using a company vehicle to take there advanced driving test. I really didn't want to do my driving test again as most people don't but thought what the heck. It was the best thing I ever did. Your attitude/outlook to driving changes significantly.

Yes, I know it does. and your quite right, its not worth it, you dont get there any quicker, you arrive more relaxed, and your being paid for your time anyway. At least thats how it was explained to me when I did it.

My feelings on the subject include all speed cameras, I am convinced that they are mainly just cash cows for local authorities. which is why where possible they are obscured behind trees or signs, positioned at the bottom of hills etc.

A traffic cop, will allow 10% plus 2, or so I believe, which makes 35mph before you will get a ticket, or 79 on a motorway, thats common sense, but cameras are often not that forgiving.

Habitual speeders should be prosecuted, I dont think anyone would disagree with that, but most people in this industry drive a lot, which must increase the chances of being caught out, compared with the average guy who drives to and from work, and maybe to the shops once a week.

cash cows for local authorities.

The money goes straight to the coffers of central government, not the local authorities

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

I stand corrected, so its not a local cash cow, its a stealth tax ?

Got it in one :rolleyes:

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived