1 * Risco NovaGard 6

1 * Dummy box

1 * Texecom IMPAQPlus with Built in Contact

1 * Secware 12v 7.0A/h Value Alarm Battery

2 * Contour LCD RKP c/w ACE

1 * Gardtec Speech Dialler

200m 8 Core Screened Security Cable

In total we've spent exactly

The resistors should have come with the panel, they normally do and the "purple" is the colour of one of the bands on the reistor not the resistor itself. Some PIR's have resistors built in, which you can set by moving a jumper inside them, these are generally not required unless your are going to use a "End of Line" / "Double End of Line" set up which is easy enough to set up if your used to to it but not so easy if your not. The diagrams that came with the alarm panel aren't the clearest but they should give you a good enough idea on how to wire everything up.

When putting the alarm panel onto the mains PLEASE be careful and also fit a 3amp unswitched fused spur near to where the panel is so you an isolate the panel quickly if required.

Good idea with the 2nd keypad, peace of mind too, I'd make sure when you fit the speech dialer it's hidden away somewhere and that there is very little cabling showing so they can't simply cut the cable to it.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Hello!

Well, I've progressed the install.

So far I've purchased:-

1 * Risco Gardtec 872

2 * Zone Expanders

6 * Texecom Prestige Quad PIR

1 * Texecom RF EXTREME PIR

1 * Risco NovaGard 6

1 * Dummy box

1 * Texecom IMPAQPlus with Built in Contact

1 * Secware 12v 7.0A/h Value Alarm Battery

2 * Contour LCD RKP c/w ACE

1 * Gardtec Speech Dialler

200m 8 Core Screened Security Cable

In total we've spent exactly

Thanks both for the feedback.

I chose the 872 panel initially for zone amount without having to use zone doubling as to keep everything as simple as possible as per previous advice. It was a flip up between the Gardtec and texecom but on reading into it I prefer the gardtec - should this turn out to be a horrible error then I will replace it and resell on - should be able to reach 40-50 for it.

Don't worry about the unswitched fused circuit - this will be fitted but thank you for you concerns!

I'm curious what problems the screened cable will produce? Although it was a little more expesive I didn't mind paying the

Okay - point taken - any recommendations? The case itself will take 1.2, 2.0, 3.0, 7.0, 17.0. Thanks!

Yuasa. Size will depend on measurments taken following installation, at a guess from the equipment listed 7Ah will suffice.

Guest anguscanplay
P.S. Does anyone know which of the Gardtec series is the newest - was it a big mistake buying the 872?

sell it and buy a texacom ....? PMSL, you`ll be fine with the 872

Archived