Security Installer Community

Magners Shortage In Belfast This Weekend

Guest Thunderfingers
Happy birthday you old

Now,now - don't be getting all premature James.,it's on the 4th of July.

Dave's just panicking in case it's all drunk by the time he's over! :slackjaw1:

Now,now - don't be getting all premature James.,it's on the 4th of July.

Dave's just panicking in case it's all drunk by the time he's over! :slackjaw1:

Don't you worry about that..... am on the 2.00 pm out of stanstead on Friday for the warm up......!!

Guest Thunderfingers
lol

made from apples up the road from me.... mates with the guy that owns the orchards... i thought it all came from ireland lol

Ahhhh,that's your MAGNERS made in Hereford (Bulmers) - ours is the Irish one which was called Bulmers in the Republic of Ireland!!

It's confusing and there's a whole story about it and if you're fed up reading Arf Google it!!!!

nope magners too mate they have their own orchards but that doesnt supply enough, i know cos bulmers in ie is my mate 'apple's' Biggest client.

Cant find anything concrete on the web but did find this.

http://www.50connect.co.uk/ethical_living/...es/apple_lovers

and thats not my mate lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest Thunderfingers

The Bulmers in the UK is not the same as the Bulmers in the Republic of Ireland (hence the one brewed in Clonmel is called Original Irish Cider).However,they could not sell it as Bulmers in the UK market so it was sold as Magners Original Irish Cider.

So don't let anyone tell you that Bulmers Cider and Magners Original Irish Cider is the same thing - this bit from Wkipedia sort of sums it up -

Bulmers Original Vintage Cider is a brand of cider produced in Ireland. To prevent confusion with the British cider of the same name, it is sold outside of Ireland as Magners Original Irish Cider.

Commercial cider production was started in Clonmel, County Tipperary in 1935, by local man William Magner.[1] Magner bought the orchard off a Mr Phelan from Clonmel. Magner quickly established a successful business, and in 1937 he joined forces with the English cider-makers H. P. Bulmer and Company.[2] Dowds Lane in Clonmel was the location of this burgeoning enterprise. In 1949 Magner withdrew from the business and the Bulmers name came to the fore. However H.P. Bulmer maintained international rights to the Bulmers trade mark, which prevented the Irish company exporting the brand from Ireland.

In 1964 the company name was changed to Showerings (Ireland) Ltd. Soon afterwards the company moved its main processing operations to a new complex at Annerville, five kilometres from the centre of Clonmel heading east on the N24 Waterford road, which was opened in 1965 by the then Taoiseach, Se

How you getting to the Crescent Dave?The train from Sydenham across the road from the airport stops right opposite it at Botanic.

The missus has booked me and her in on Friday but not the suite this time - got it for our anniversary and it's feckin' class.

I'll grab a cab from City Airport..... that's what expenses were invented for ..... unless anyoneone from HMC is reading ofcourse then I'll be thumbing a ride.....!!!

:whistle:

Archived