Security Installer Community

"warning-alarm Set When Illuminated-do Not Enter"

Hi

I have a medium sized commercial property with a Galaxy G3-520 installed. The system basically comprises of 6 individual areas/groups each with their own keypad and a master keypad to set the communal area (once all other systems are set).

Since the building will have multiple occupants/users there is a requirement for the individual systems to have some sort of indicator adjacent to the keypad to identify when the area is set. This is to prevent unwanted confirmed alarms by people wandering into areas when systems are set, although this shouldn't occur if the access control system is managed properly it's felt necessary as a belt&braces type approach.

Has anybody ever used a similar indicator or strobe type unit labelled up along the lines of "warning - alarm set when illuminated - do not enter" or am I going to have to make a few up myself?

Are they any other problems you guys can see with operating the system this way?

Thanks

You could use your access system to do this assuming its either integrated or has enough inputs and flexabilty to do this on 6 groups.

Depends on what you have, as you have a galaxy and a big one at that (fine panel IMHO) im assuming your access system is also upto the same sort of standard, but without knowing what it is.... i can only guess.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

You could use your access system to do this assuming its either integrated or has enough inputs and flexabilty to do this on 6 groups.

Depends on what you have, as you have a galaxy and a big one at that (fine panel IMHO) im assuming your access system is also upto the same sort of standard, but without knowing what it is.... i can only guess.

James

Easy enough to resolve James if it is one of at least a couple of the popular brands. Depends on age and how set up though too.

Agreed, but not all will do it without a pc running, on that many groups. And 6 isnt many.

One day, one day you will finally use it. It's taking time but you will get there.

:rolleyes:

And i have no vested interest either, before anyone suggests otherwise.

And how is the Access Control System meant to prevent people wondering around when intruder armed?

The theory being that people on site may have access to certain (or all) areas during normal working (open) hours but not have the facility to enter the areas when the intruder system is set, due to the access control system taking an input from the Galaxy when it's set to prevent access to users who don't have an intruder fob.

This is fairly easy to configure at install stage but my concern is a few months down the line when the occupiers of the building are responsible for issuing cards/managing the access control system it only takes a tick in the wrong box to give somebody access to an area that they don't have an intruder alarm fob for, they then go wondering? in and trigger the system, you could argue that they shouldn't be in there anyway so the alarm going off is a good thing but I'm not sure if the client will see it this way.

As mentioned I was just really after a belt&braces way of preventing a user entering a set area when they shouldn't.

this most likely will not fully comply, but where i have say an office block with several tenants onto a single alarm all having staff working to various unpredictable hours, i have installed a board inside a simple locked key cupboard with in/out sliders, as the last person from a section leaves they check the board and flick their slider, if theirs is the last one then they set the system.

relies on people doing this but has worked fine on several systems over the years. two has a voice dialer which calls if the system is not set by a certain time or opened before a certain time.

to do as you ask using access control to combine with the intruder isolating area's, would need more info, but what you ask is not that difficult imo, just needs a bit of thought to trap out any user errors.

in simple format you have a maglock on a door swiping your card allows entry, at the same time shunts or switches of that alarm area which might be several zones, closing and swiping re-arms it so would perhaps be an exit terminator type arrangement you need to concider how to warn if the area don't set for a fault, and have some way to refer to which detector or contact is causing a problem.

possibly where the Gardtec prosys type panel would score very heavily imo

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

If you have a galaxy just use max readers for the access and then let only trianed people add users, that way it wont let people without set unset rights open the door, and if the do have set unset it will unset, so no false alarms.

The new galaxy is even better as it has full access control in it.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived