Security Installer Community

Gardtec 490x

Does anyone know what the text message feature allows you to do on a gardtec 490x panel. Does it let you program custom messages to send depending on the fault if so how would you do this or is it a series of ready made messages that it sends itself to a phone ?

If you have not heard of this option you can have a look @ this link below its something new to me that i havent noticed gardtec panels have is it a feature thats built in to the panel or do you need to purchase an additional item to allow you to use this feature.

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog...roducts_id=1559

If someone could let me know if they have any info on this it would be much apprechiated.

cheers

Kind Regards,

Jack Buchan

JDB Solutions

Web: www.jdbsolutions.co.uk

E-Mail: jack@jdbsolutions.co.uk

i know it has this feature but never used it. heard some reports it don't like the orange network

i think you set up the call centre and number, but the panel only transmits the zone number activated, i don't think you can set up any text message.

i'd expect it would follow the normal VoCom procedure in that sense, i don't think it 'knows' if you got the message so i'd still set up the normal key-holder call numbers to be safe.

imo the text feature is only useful if you work in noisy environment's or spend lots of time in meetings etc. where a call would be inconvenient or unheard, but as your mobile phone would take a voice mail and the call would appear on the missed call list, i see little use for it personally.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Texting is very very popular. It also allows the circuit number to be transmitted and usually the zone descriptor. This then allows you to see you have had 5 zones activate, or just 1 etc.

No experience of it on this panel mind

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Texting is very very popular. It also allows the circuit number to be transmitted and usually the zone descriptor. This then allows you to see you have had 5 zones activate, or just 1 etc.

No experience of it on this panel mind

i've never used it, but are you saying unlike the keypad display you don't just get the 1st to activate? :unsure:

do you get a subsequent operation if the system is not turned of between times? i.e your away the weekend and have 3 activation on different detectors (ruddy cats).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
As far as i know it will not text with out a GSM.

do you think it might be a play with words on the intamac connection?

Archived